[pop] Ixox/Gargoyle/mman : Through to you

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ixox wrote:mman, sorry to be this late...
Ben seems to be busy... :wink:
So i decided to do myself a new recording of the acoustic... I try something to avoid my typical and banal guitare strumming...
I'm not sure it fits very well the song.

Here is a whole new version containing your great solo.
Yes i totally love it.
This is my first song with a guitare solo (i cannot do that at all).

Version 2 :
http://ixox.net/Ixox_ThroughToYou_v2.mp3

I think that this version is much better than the first one. The acoustic guitar is just fine and I like the electric to. You know how it is, we are never satisfied with the recordings we do. I think it's good that we strive to get better and better. At the end it's always a compromise.
This song it a likable piece. Well the solo could be better, but.......

If you want help on your to be songs just let me know. I'll be glad to pitch in with you.

Like being cradled in a lover's arm

Always a smile hearing you :)

Ooh la la. Nice!

Some techie shite impressions though;

Acoustic guitar sounds a bit tinny, a bit of high-mid cut needed? I always think too that if you're using it in a rhythm type role like this, it always sounds better recorded twice then panned out hard left and right, gives it a nice big sound without overpowering everything else.

Vocals have a few bits of sibilance on them - are you overcompressing them?

I like the general dry sound of the mix, so the drums sound a bit odd to me with all that reverb on them, kind of seperated from the mix in some way.

a song straight to my heart. :love:

Thanks for listening and for the feedbacks... :D
Much much appreciated...

Thanks a lot mman for the proposition.

Donkey, very interesting mix advices.
Recording twice the acoustic ? The 2 guitares will be totally out of sync.... You never saw me playing.... :-o But that maybe a good idea when i play bettter.
I cut 3db around 4khz... I Can cut more, i also find the guitare sound too "real/acoustic/close".

Overcompressing the vocals ? possible :?

The drums sound is jamstix build in library without any effect. I agree, they do have too much reverb..

Thanks again.... :D

Ixox wrote: The drums sound is jamstix build in library without any effect. I agree, they do have too much reverb..
Thanks again.... :D
You can move the 'Ambience' slider in the Jamstix output tab to the left to reduce the amount of room ambience (reverberation) of the drums.
Ralph Zeuner
rayzoon technologies
http://www.rayzoon.com

Thanks a lot Zauni, i'll try that.
Jamstix is my best buy of 2005 !!! :D

donkey tugger wrote:Ooh la la. Nice!

Some techie shite impressions though;

Acoustic guitar sounds a bit tinny, a bit of high-mid cut needed? I always think too that if you're using it in a rhythm type role like this, it always sounds better recorded twice then panned out hard left and right, gives it a nice big sound without overpowering everything else.

Vocals have a few bits of sibilance on them - are you overcompressing them?

I like the general dry sound of the mix, so the drums sound a bit odd to me with all that reverb on them, kind of seperated from the mix in some way.
- Guitare doubled and panned
- Much less reverb on drums
- less sibiliance (??)

Version 3 :
http://ixox.net/Ixox_ThroughToYou_v3.mp3

Thanks... :D

Return to “Music Cafe”