Lust of Life (remastered)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello guys,

This is a refined and remastered version of 'Lust of Life'. I'm curious to hear what you think about it.
Grab it here.

Cheers, Pädy

bump

Sounds Good... Is that a real guitar or a vsti?

Thanks. All real guitar of course. Is this really unclear?

at last something else than the usual ambient drones of kvr. :love:

I really liked this. I could detect a heavy Neil Young influence there, maybe because the vocal style is quite similar. Actually now, that I think about it, the opening chords and vocal melody are a close match of hey hey, my my. (Am, G)

Speaking for which, mixing-wise, the vocal is a bit muffled compared to the clear and well mixed and strummed acoustic guitars. Just add a bit of presence maybe, or just crank up the volume for about 2db.

But that's splitting hairs already. :D

Huh? Who could one mix this up with VSTi guitars? :-o
The sound, arrangement and master of this song is really good IMHO, I just dislike the sound of the singer's voice unfortunately. But since this is only my personal taste, don't get angry about it. 8)

cheers,
Chris

I have heard some mixes with RealGuitar that sounded pretty close. :box:

Thanks for your feedbacks, guys. :)

It could sound like Neil Young - only I don't have the slightest idea how he sounds like. :shrug:

About the vocals being muffled. You should have heard it before I remixed and remastered the song. I'll have another listen tomorrow.

Tonmann, what do you dislike about my voice? Too nasal, dull... something I could change with the mixing?

Cheers, Pädy

Pädy wrote:Tonmann, what do you dislike about my voice? Too nasal, dull... something I could change with the mixing?
Yes, I think it's the nasal character you often use on "stretched" words at the end of measures, like "fine" at "all these feeling just fine".
But this is a question of taste, I think, 'cause if not, noone would ever have bought any Guns'n'Roses album *gg* :D
From the technical view I agree with the previous speaker: The vocals are a bit airless compared to the gits. Maybe adding air (a gently high shelf at 12khz~16khz) could do some magic here.

cheers,
Chris

Ok, fair enough for me :D

I'll see what I can do mixing-wise.

Anyone else?

Cheers, Pädy

Return to “Music Cafe”