Monochrome VIII - Ukulele

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

No. 8 (!). Only ukulele...

Monochrome VIII - Ukulele

This one was supposed to be the ironic piece. Did I suceed? Or is it just sh***?

(Sorry if this is becoming boring. Just one to go. Promise!)

Please commment.

The rest of the series can be found following this link

Unexpected shift in style from the others - quite catchy...

You mad scientist you :hihi:

would perhaps have liked to see the clean ukelele revisit more often to provide for some odd contrasts which totally would fit here I think

Only one more :(

I've enjoyed the monochrome series quite a bit so far.

This one is fun, but maybe comes off too much as the "funny one." Enjoyed it, but I found the others in the series made me want to come back to them more. Though, I guess this one is staying true to the monochromatic ideal in that regard.

Love this, love it. It really starts kicking when it shifts to 5/4 in the second half. Not sure how it'll blend when compiled with the rest of the series (I'd be interested in a CD by the way) though.

Also noticed that I missed Electric Guitar. Just listened to that and think it could be my favourite of the series so far. Just the right amount of processing to make things interesting without swamping the lush composition. Stunning. :love:

I'm over it..

:roll:

j/k..These pieces are each & every one of them totally unique and very cool..I have my favorites above this one, but there's things at work here that are truly brilliant..

I can't think of an equivelant anywhere else out there that's quite like you & your gigantic range of diversity..

8)

:oops: :D

Thank you. I'm in doubt about this one. On one hand it's the (crappy) odd one of the bunch so far.

On the other hand the sound source is an Ukulele which in itself is a funny instrument and an album doesn't necessarily suffer from having a bit of diversity. I'll decide when I compile, (re-)mix and master.

Oh, this one's just f**king awesome! Ironic piece? Yeah, you've succeeded in a big way. This is like Snakefinger meets . . . I don't know Mike Oldfield or something (I don't know why but some of the distorted Uk stuff sounds like Oldfield when he rocks out).

Er something.

But more than anything it exhibits the same spirit as a project I've been involved with for several decades called Spot Reducers. Totally irreverent and yet enigmatic.

Love it! Great job.

That's what I've always suspected: Oldfield is getting his tone with a distorted Ukulele. Like this: Image

wonderful piece and done splendidly - heavy death metal ukele, yeah!!

Thanx mayan!

Return to “Music Cafe”