New ambient track: "Painted Red"

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Imagine: The sun setting slowly on the desert, painting everything in a red glow.

"Painted Red" - listen now (stream/download) at http://www.gwydi.com/music

Created entirely with an electric guitar and various effects.

Feedback always welcome!

Very atmospheric track. Reminds me a bit of Diablo's (a PC game by Blizzard) soundtrack and some Kuusumun Profeetta's works too.
I really like how your guitar sounds with all those effects. Absolutely beautiful.

Interesting... I don't really like the direct sound of the guitar though. I enjoy the sound of the fx a bit. Maybe try making it completely wet with fx or something. Make it so I don't even know it's a guitar. Just an idea. Thanks for sharing :)

If you decide to change it or not it's all cool, but whatever you do don't turn it into something that this dude would like...

:hihi:

as toine said; I'm somehow not too keen on that dry guitar part here either. To my ears it takes away from what is really going on here; Tiptop feedback and lush tails.
It seems the dry signals lowest volumes aren't so low which imo kills the dynamics a bit. Could perhaps be adjusted with a slower attack, but then again I'm not sure if this is a one go live recording or and audio recording ran through FX. I couldn't really tell with the mp3 conversion.

If I make any sense that is :ud:

Anyhow; robbed your site for a bunch more listens throughout time; having heard some good things on the weekend radio shows.

Return to “Music Cafe”