-:TRANCE:- "rocksolo" - lovely pretty chords

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It is pretty trance, called "rocksolo" because I was inspired by some nice chord progressions/ modulations whilst listening to some old prog. rock.

As usual, not finished (who finishes tunes!?) but not far off.

I posted the first half of this on some trance forums and didn't get a single response! How sad, I'm quite partial to it, myself.

Tune:

- http://lindsey.jp/audio/rocksolo.mp3

PLEASE comment on it! :D

Starts of very strange...typical kvr experimental bollocks...
The kick needs lots more punch, it's to soft...the bassline progresions are odd, but the lead melody is nice...actually, an offbeat bassline would have been better.

I like the "string" type bridge..all these filtered stuff..hm, Actually very nice if you'd open it up and gave it the typical trance mega lead type sound...The drums need more power, the whole track needs more oohmp! but the melodies and harmonics are nice and smooth.
Last edited by snooky on Thu Apr 07, 2005 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bwaaaahah... "experimental bollocks". I know the intro is a bit long and odd, I started it as psytrance.

The kick. Hmm.. I'll try something harder and see what it does. As for the mega-lead sound, no way. I'll have to find some other way of powering it up.

Thanks for the comments! :D

come on! it's lovely!

I don't care much for the first 32 seconds either. Seems to work better when the bass and kick erm...kicks in.

It's a pretty good track. A bit long though considering the amount of variation there is. I mean how much variation is there after 2.30 min.? 6 min. is a better lenght imo for the amount of variation you have here.

Arps are great though. This tune is best heard loud :phones: I must admit I don't like machine gun snare rolls anymore. It's been done to death and over. Show me a different way of making a buildup.
Maybe some more filter sweeps would make it more interesting as well.
Good track though, but can be improved. :)

Return to “Music Cafe”