Ol'Genesis inspired Prog Rock by Sylvan & Bonamici

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

duncanparsons wrote:"Blow by Blow" is quite entrenched in it's era. If you like BrandX, IsoTope, Hatfield & the North/National Health, etc, you'll really like it. He did another LP around the same time, tho' I can't think what it's called..
That would be "Wired"

Wow...this is just excellent! I like the beginning, actually. It reminds me a little of Frank Zappa or maybe early Steve Vai. :)
Buy my cd here (Prog rock/synth pop/classical/soundtrack-ish music):
http://cdbaby.com/cd/cyanogen
Newer songs/unreleased material:
https://soundcloud.com/cyanogenmusicpage

TennesseeVic, please try this link. Sometimes SC goes down. They´ve had some really tough times with their servers lately.

Nad

herodotus wrote:
duncanparsons wrote:"Blow by Blow" is quite entrenched in it's era. If you like BrandX, IsoTope, Hatfield & the North/National Health, etc, you'll really like it. He did another LP around the same time, tho' I can't think what it's called..
That would be "Wired"
That's the one! Thank you Harry..:)

DSP

Sweet! I like this even better than going back and listening to old Genesis. They get on my sodding wick ever since PC decided he was more than a drummer. But maybe that's a personal thing. :D

Actually I hear some Happy The Man here as well as Genesis. Someone mentioned them in another thread recently, so they're on my mind lately.
JohnVulich wrote:... the later part cries out for an ARP Pro Soloist solo.
Yeah! www.hollowsun.com has some pretty good samples of the Pro-Soloist. I've been exploring them in some of my work. Worth a download.

emdot_ambient wrote:Sweet! I like this even better than going back and listening to old Genesis. They get on my sodding wick ever since PC decided he was more than a drummer. But maybe that's a personal thing. :D

Actually I hear some Happy The Man here as well as Genesis. Someone mentioned them in another thread recently, so they're on my mind lately.
JohnVulich wrote:... the later part cries out for an ARP Pro Soloist solo.
Yeah! www.hollowsun.com has some pretty good samples of the Pro-Soloist. I've been exploring them in some of my work. Worth a download.
Very valuable information, I thank you!! :)
Plus, very nicely put - your Genesis sentiments!
Flattering indeed. :)

Cheers,
Nad

Wow ..., fantastic!!! :love:

"Wind and wuthering", "Trick of the tail" and early Steve Hackett solo era. Thanks for sharing this. 8)

Will listen to your other songs asap.

Btw., just saw some days ago the outstanding concert of the "The Musical Box" performing the "Lamb lies down on broadway" tour of 74/75. Excellent evening!
Andreas (I presume my forefathers were apes)

Image Listen to some Monkey-Music

AndreasE wrote:Wow ..., fantastic!!! :love:

"Wind and wuthering", "Trick of the tail" and early Steve Hackett solo era. Thanks for sharing this. 8)

Will listen to your other songs asap.

Btw., just saw some days ago the outstanding concert of the "The Musical Box" performing the "Lamb lies down on broadway" tour of 74/75. Excellent evening!
Thanks man! Glad you like it. 1976 was indeed a great year for Genesis. Bon and I are going to Glasgow april 30 to see The Lamb with TMB as well! ;)

emdot_ambient wrote:Actually I hear some Happy The Man here as well as Genesis. Someone mentioned them in another thread recently, so they're on my mind lately.
Funnily enough "Happy The Man" was a Genesis outtake from 1972/3. As I recall it was the B-Side of Twilight Alehouse...

Funny old world!

EDIT: Actually I was wrong - It was a single itself!
DSP

duncanparsons wrote:
emdot_ambient wrote:Actually I hear some Happy The Man here as well as Genesis. Someone mentioned them in another thread recently, so they're on my mind lately.
Funnily enough "Happy The Man" was a Genesis outtake from 1972/3. As I recall it was the B-Side of Twilight Alehouse...

Funny old world!

DSP
As much as i remember ( cos i was 13 years "old" ) Twilight Alehouse was itself a B side of a "nursery crime" or "foxtrot" song on a 45t record...

...maybe a live version

The band Happy The Man is really great prog. Got two of their albums (maybe that´s all they produced?). Favorite track is "Kneebitten nymfs in Limbo". Kit Atkins synth playing is uncomprihendable!!!

The Sylvanite wrote:The band Happy The Man is really great prog. Got two of their albums (maybe that´s all they produced?). Favorite track is "Kneebitten nymfs in Limbo". Kit Atkins synth playing is uncomprihendable!!!
I think that's about all they published. I mentioned this on another thread but I'll say it again: I saw Happy The Man perform live twice. The first was a free concert given just before they released their first LP, the second was before they broke up after that second LP. And their keyboard player was beyond compare. The performances you hear on those LP's is exactly, I mean EXACTLY how they sounded live. Unbelievable!

Happy the Man actually DID record more than two albums. Just found out.
Discography link

Return to “Music Cafe”