Digital Aura - Morning Star (my first vocal trance tune!)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Someone said not to post this here cuz you would all tear it to pieces.

So I did. :wink: It's my first attempt at incorporating vocals into a track so I don't mind a critique and some tips from the more experienced guys here!

Project5 user here.:x

Digital Aura - Morning Star (Vocal Mix)

the first 303 line is great. The snare is waaay too much panned left and got too much reverb, sounds like a rock snare. The lead at 0.51 doesn't blend in with the rest, just sits on top of the mix and it has a very dated sound.
2.16 ahh...vocals are here. Nice to have some female vocals around here. Cut down a bit on that delay, it's over the top. Funny now how this has turned Euro trance. In the beginning it looked like it was a Goa track.

The vocal melody could be improved by making it a bit more varied. It uses a lot of the same notes over and over. Is she an opera singer? It sounds a little bit like it. No offence, just an observation. Catchy melody though, good stuff.
Best tune of the 10 or so I've listened to on the first page imo. :)

Armadillo!
Thanks for the comments...and you are exactly correct. I got carried away with the "reverse reverb" as it's my first time with vocals (and I was over anxious to use that effect! :hihi: )

Yes, she is a soprano..not opera so much as she is very classicly trained. It was tough to get her to sing this style. It doesnt suit.

Euro trance? Maybe thats it...I never know how to class stuff. I was going instrumentally for PPK and vocally for Fragma....hopefully got in between somewhere.

You have a good ear and a keen sense of production and I thank you for taking the time to listen AND comment!
Cheers! :wink:

Anyone else? :P

Return to “Music Cafe”