[HOW DO YOU call this?] another song with Julie

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

again a premix, actually an unfinished arrangement,
percussion mostly to do,

so what you think?

http://www.dashsignature.com/mp3/Bonky_hip_scat.mp3

Interesting vibe! Keep at it :D
Music with dinner is an insult both to the cook and the violinist.

Floating along here. It gets better with every listen. I love the cheerful call and response. Julie sounds very good as well, so fitting. I think a string section would really bring this piece alive, as well as percussion as you mentioned.
I could also see it being the target of remixes. What a great hook that would make for a house song.
Anti-aliasing is for "synthmonk%ys".

thanks for listening, glad you like it,
and yes I will add more parts, but not too much since
I'd like to keep it "empty" to mark the groove,

an house mix Yeah, good idea, if someone wants the loops just ask me

Excellent percussions, and a very jolly track. I think it all fits very well together. Keep on jamming and thanx for sharing

What is Julie?

Another good one, liqih. I used that same main sample in one, but it hasn't really worked out into a good song yet.

Julie is singer Julie Hamelin from Montreal. She's also a new KVR member (juliejazz)! Les Productions Zvon sampled her voice and has released Julies Vocal FX and Julie's Scats. WAV files, and also in various other flavors like Wusik, DR-008, etc.
Regards, Mike

thanks all!
Excellent percussions, and a very jolly track. I think it all fits very well together. Keep on jamming and thanx for sharing
glad you like it, will post a full version in a week or so
She's also a new KVR member (juliejazz)!
cool, Hi Julie,
many thanks to You and Zvon for making these samples avaiable

I used that same main sample in one, but it hasn't really worked out into a good song yet.
I hope you may share it soon

Thanks Mike!

Sounds good. I will try the demo. I have yet to use any vocal samples. These might what I am looking for.

Cheers,
Gordon

I know I have missed quite a few of your latest Café offerings (though heard a few) but this sounds fresh and cheerful. I felt the bass to be a bit too 'splatty' somehow, but with a filterenvelope this could be corrected. Other then that I look forward to hearing how this will sound when further developed :)

thanks Mystahr,

'splatty' means flat?

naaah I mean like-a-duck-would-stick-out-its-tongue-splatty;

a tad too resonant or open-filtered in the attack only

Mystahr wrote:naaah I mean like-a-duck-would-stick-out-its-tongue-splatty;

a tad too resonant or open-filtered in the attack only
I see, well there's no filter it's an FM bass,
but I can add a filter plugin

Fun stuff. Reminds me of something.... Maybe Basia? That percussive piano with the long tail is cool. Very 80's. :)

plunge wrote:Fun stuff. Reminds me of something.... Maybe Basia? That percussive piano with the long tail is cool. Very 80's. :)

thanks plunge!,

the "piano" is Combo Sister in percussive mode, <wink>

Return to “Music Cafe”