I'm addicted to Minimalism! [ultra acoustic]

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Not meaning any hijack here.. but I googled Jack Jackson and found this video which is pretty cool.

http://www.jackjohnsonmusic.com/uploads/videos/sww.htm

Listening on laptop speakers, so can't comment on the technical side. But great song! Maybe not musically original, but definately musical. I got a kind of Susanne Vega vibe (not an insult, promise) ?!?

The lyrics works very well. Thanks for sharing.

Patrick9 wrote:Not meaning any hijack here.. but I googled Jack Jackson and found this video which is pretty cool.

Holy cow, that's sick. One take? Saw maybe one place where there might have been an edit. Maybe there was more.

He had to learn the song backwards for this. It actually reminds me of an idea I had for the spring song contest, that I'm not going to tell cause I still want to do it.

respirator wrote:Listening on laptop speakers, so can't comment on the technical side. But great song! Maybe not musically original, but definately musical. I got a kind of Susanne Vega vibe (not an insult, promise) ?!?

The lyrics works very well. Thanks for sharing.
Ahh, Suzanne Vega. She's also a songwriting hero, so that's cool. :) I have 99.9F degrees as the ringtone on my phone right now, in fact. ;)

Thanks.

Would be fun to do a remix...

respirator wrote:Would be fun to do a remix...
Cool. I was going to put links to the raw tracks on here anyway since there are only two of them. I'll try to do that tonight.

Jeff

Cool! Please post chords and tempo as well (I'm a bit lazy) ;-)

Patrick9 wrote:Not meaning any hijack here.. but I googled Jack Jackson and found this video which is pretty cool.

Yeah, I love that video. It's on TV all the time here.

That's just beautiful :)

Stands as it is.

Regards,

Tommy

this song is a great evidence of talent, nice to keep it as it is

high :)

most beautifull one i heard from you

now get your arse signed twerp !!!!!

very real lovely song

Thanks Tommy, Liqih and Remco. Very kind words.

Some stuff comes quick and others take awhile. This one was sketched out in a couple hours the day I went to the memorial service. Just getting around to making a polished track this week.

I'll probably try to get a copy of it to the family.

Hello Jeff,
lovely voice.
Are you related to Martin Page?
You sound just like him.

Sal

Great job
While minimalistic is good, 2 tracks are not enough.
The song could definitely benefit from a "little more".

You are probably getting tired of the same "shaker and bongos" you use on every song. :oops: (sorry please don't get offended)

Try triangle , tambourine, acoustic bass, rain stick, casabas ..... the list endless.
Also I would love to hear more back ground vocals in your songs.

AndrewSimon wrote:Great job
While minimalistic is good, 2 tracks are not enough.
The song could definitely benefit from a "little more".

You are probably getting tired of the same "shaker and bongos" you use on every song. :oops: (sorry please don't get offended)

Try triangle , tambourine, acoustic bass, rain stick, casabas ..... the list endless.
Also I would love to hear more back ground vocals in your songs.
I think he just gave you the ultimate challenge Jeff. Heh...with the right mic and effects you could make that melon sound booming ;).

Great piece btw.
Anti-aliasing is for "synthmonk%ys".

Return to “Music Cafe”