Il Duce - Strange, dark and interesting

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Very interesting. It's hard to really classify this one. You say you don't know where it came from . . . I've been there before. Sometimes somthing's in you and just has to come out.

The title, though, keeps reminding me of an old Alexai Sayle routine, "That was the latest hit from Il Duce, Gonna Take Me Metro To The Disco. It's time to get down, get down it's a clown town, get down and boogie. And if you've got nothing better to do than sit around and listen to me for the next three or four hours, you're pathetically inadequate and should probably seek some kind of treatment!"

Funny how the mind works, i'n'it?

mayan wrote:really interesting sound sculpture - the string melody that came in really shifted things - cool piece
Thanks mayan - the whole piece seemed to evolve almost without effort on my part. Weird when that happens.

Still, I'm quite pleased with the result. :)

emdot_ambient wrote:Very interesting. It's hard to really classify this one. You say you don't know where it came from . . . I've been there before. Sometimes somthing's in you and just has to come out.

And if you've got nothing better to do than hang around KvR for the next three or four hours, you're pathetically inadequate and should probably seek some kind of treatment!"

Funny how the mind works, i'n'it?
It certainly is 8)

yep...I know exactly what you are talking about - sometimes it's like ultra-constipation - grunting and groaning for hours and a little rabbit turd blups out and sometimes the pieces are just crying for someone to come around and give them form - then, of course, its effortless...All I can do in the latter case is stand-back and let it come -sometimes very surprised at what has blupped out but very grateful that the muse has seen fit to visit me one more time -

mayan wrote:yep...I know exactly what you are talking about - sometimes it's like ultra-constipation - grunting and groaning for hours and a little rabbit turd blups out and sometimes the pieces are just crying for someone to come around and give them form - then, of course, its effortless...All I can do in the latter case is stand-back and let it come -sometimes very surprised at what has blupped out but very grateful that the muse has seen fit to visit me one more time -
Well I wouldn't have put it quite like that... I'm very regular, I am. :D

well...ya know...ya get to a certain age and...

I recommend more fruit, vegetable and fibre in the diet - make a new man of you. You'll be turning out a tune a day in no time. :)

Strange, dark and interesting is an understatement here. Loved how the various sequences melded through one another

Mystahr wrote:Strange, dark and interesting is an understatement here. Loved how the various sequences melded through one another
Thanks Mystahr. Not sequences as such, as each part is played live, but I know what you mean. Its very satisfying when it works. :)

I like this, it sounds modern and old fashioned at the same time.
I never would have guessed this was one of your tracks. :)

astanine wrote:I like this, it sounds modern and old fashioned at the same time.
I never would have guessed this was one of your tracks. :)
Aha - its my Jeckyl or Hyde personality coming out to play. (I'm never sure which is which). :)

Return to “Music Cafe”