[Orchestral] Nu Song: Spring

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi people,

as usual done with a mix of GPO & SILVER and some occasional additions from SampleTank and PrimeSounds.

http://home.arcor.de/captor/Spring(final2).mp3

Probably not all of your's favorite style....but it was such a struggle for me to finish this piece so it would be nice if you listen anyway....

feedback as always welcome :)

cheers! 8)
Last edited by TrekStar on Wed Apr 13, 2005 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nice work ! :D
Many very good things... (Maybe too many things for only one track !)

I find the strings sections is too loud compared to the rest specially in the first part... I'd like to hear the wind instruments (at 0'53 !!) !

The new theme at 2'16 is very nice but it seems to come from a totally different piece. You could write a whole piece from it !. It soundainly sounds like chamber music.

Xavier

Mmm Excellent work man! SOunds like European movie soundtrack :-) I like it! You seem to be classicaly trained?

Greetings
Bobby Glorian

@Ixox:...yea these clarinets...I tried to make them louder already but then it was too intrusive. they are just delivering a backround texture at that spot of the song. I'm also not 100% happy with that solution. thanks for the feedback anyway...

@Bobby_G: thanks! nope..I'm not classical trained...but I like to pretend that I am...haha :wink:

btw....meanwhile updated to v2...the staccatos at 2:44 were too aggressive.

I think you should develop yourself in that direction , you have a talent for that, man :-)

This is simply excellent stuff. Some of the staccato strings sound kind of synthy but despite this you make GPO and Silver shine :cool:

Beautifully cinematic and evocative, congrats :D
Music with dinner is an insult both to the cook and the violinist.

@Bobby_G:....once again thanks for your kind words! sure I would love to develop...my dream was always to do filmscorings but unfortunately due to some trouble which I have with my hands since years it is very unlikely that I'll ever be more than a hobbyist.
I've learnt to live with it.. :?

@griels: thanks for listening. yep...I had trouble this time with the staccatos....dunno why exactly...probably because this tune has some classical influences which means fast up/dn bow runnings (also the same tone what is very problematical) which are not easy to realize with a library. in fact they would have been no staccatos in real life....but with a library you have to do compromises. I was fighting for days with this tune in order to optimize these things and the subtle volume proportions...but after the 1000th monitoring over and over I come to a point where I simply can't listen anymore to my stuff...then it's time to say good-bye to your song and post...haha... :wink:

Hello.

I like this a lot. Especially the late 19th century style orchestration. If you are not classically 'trained' (I have always hated that word applied to musicians, it seems evocative of 'trained' monkeys and the like), You nonetheless have more skill in these matters than some I have known who did have such training.

Keep up the good work!

TrekStar wrote:Probably not all of your's favorite style....
It's not mine (I like my orchestral very "modern"), but as with much of KVR's listening audience, it's very refreshing to hear classical every so often. I don't know how classical has gotten such a bad perception here, when statistically it does suprisingly well in the monthly contests when done competently.

Anyway, we all know you have a great ear, which is infinitely more valuable than "training". ;) So just keep listening critically and refining your work (as you've already shown) and great things will happen for you.

I liked it.

- m
Markleford's band, The James Rocket: http://www.TheJamesRocket.com/
Markleford's tracks: http://www.markleford.com/music/
Markleford's free MFX, DXi2, DR-008 modules: http://www.TenCrazy.com/

@herodotus: thanks for cheering up! haha...from now on I'll always have to think of these monkeys if I see the word "trained"...omg...you really made me laughing.

@Markleford: thanks for stopping by! yea...it's really not easy to get heard with such a music-genre...might be not surprising...this is mainly an electronical music forum....but with all other styles existant (jazz rock pop etc). I found that the listeners are here very many-sided. but sometimes the amount of feedback really sobering....like with this song...it almost disappeared yesterday within a few hours.

Return to “Music Cafe”