[alien-green cheese acid pop doom d&b] cushions

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hi there,

:hihi: my first tune in the café and one that doesn't even represent my usual style of music , rather a by-product of testing several stuff or just plain coincidence , but worth a listen i hope (watch your speakers though) !

host: eXT
instruments: reaktor , mda piano , rogue , polyiblit , xt sampler
fx: several , e.g. endless flanger by oli larkin
live input: guitar recording

the tune is in a pre-master state and still needs some changes here and there i guess (improve stereo image , reduce crackling , transitions etc.) , so any constructive criticism welcome :cool: :D

cushions (2.12 MB , ogg , 4:25)
Last edited by plastique on Fri Apr 15, 2005 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Some of these sounds are pretty cool! I like the slightly melancholic melody that’s played by that bell like sound. It contrasts with the faster & rougher background, and I like contrast and it's a pretty melody. :love:

The guitar parts are a nice idea but I thin the could be executed better. The transition is very sudden, which is cool only I think it would be cooler if you then link the part directly after the guitar more with the guitar part. Make them morph more into each other, if you know what I mean. Anyway, these are just my thoughts.

I really don’t like the volume fluctuations that happen for the first time from ±1:06 to ±1:26. Also there is quite a bunch of distortion and noise in this track which I think is caused by clipping (you’ve recoded / bounced it too loud). You should record it a lower volume and then compress it a bit to boost up the volume a bit cause now you damage the sound more than you should.

At any rate not bad but certainly has lots of points that need attention still, I think, (especially in the recording department).
~leave through a door.~
http://www.eretsua.com

Yes, it's a clipper.

I wouldn't mind the tune so much if that blippy synth didn't take over.

This is light and poppy to me. It's unlike what I expected from the thread title.

thanks for the comments 8) the best critics are the ones you can agree to :D

the included reaktor track uses a lot of low frequencies and it is the thing that is causing the clipping and the volume instabilities - i'm going to analyse that :)
i'll redo also the guitar track , it lacks some timing and could need a bit build upon (also "fade-in/out" musically) .
androidlove wrote:This is light and poppy to me. It's unlike what I expected from the thread title.
i see this as a compliment - or rather a confirmation that this track could be mass-compatible (sort of) :) as you can call pretty much everything pop - it's just a question of perception or to what kind of music you're used to .
i tried to cover all relative bases genre-wise in the title :lol: but that is missing , i'll change it . :wink:

Return to “Music Cafe”