Soundtrack'ish: Undercurrent by HansM

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This piece is a fun enthusiastic song, created for the 2nd Tsunami contest. It's my first play with convolution (SpiritCanyon/ ConvoBoy) and with Kjaerhus Auto-filter. Other performers are Zero Vector and Albino. (And myself with a orange-shaped shaker, flanged and GAC'd).

I appreciate feedback (but somehow I always like my songs the most just after finishing and before the first criticism ;)) and I still have so much to learn.

The style is electronic, 130 BPM :). Otherwise it's style-less...
Last edited by M'Snah on Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nicely hectic and just when I was about to get bored it changed directions and kept interest... the organlike synth (daaa da da da... daaa da da da ;) )could probably use some dirt though, the other sounds are nicely warm but that one sounds very in your face cold and digital in a bad way.

The track in total felt more like a sequence to an action sequence in cartoon than a song in itself (don't mean to sound harsh, it reminds me of the music in Invader Zim which I love).

*I* personally would try some filters on the part I mentioned or doing something creative with ampsimulation or delays/reverb to bring some more life into it...

All in all, nice job.

Thank you for the feedback. I did have an autofilter and convolution on the lead synth, but apparently not wet enough :).

Somehow my electronic songs often get feedback that they should be soundtracks or music for cartoons... Maybe I'm finding my niche ;)

Thanks again.

typing as I listen...

I think the opening sound has a bit too much delay on it. This sounds a bit like Knight Rider to me (only kind of...). There's some nice bass noises coming and going in this, kinda lurking around.

Just waiting for those beats to kick off...ah.

Nice stuff Hans, I've not heard any of your stuff before (I don't think), I'll certainly an eye out in the future...

Thanks CypherOne. In my first version I thought the intro was too empty, so I added a bit of Kaleidoskopy. Maybe too much, too wet...

About my stuff: I don't have a regular style, most of my songs are totally different from each other... And sometimes I might even sing :oops:

M'Snah wrote:About my stuff: I don't have a regular style, most of my songs are totally different from each other...
Yes, I noticed that, too, which I admire. I don't think I've ever heard any song of yours that sounded the least bit similar. I like the feel of this song a lot. I agree with Programentalist. It sounds like it came from a cartoon(one of those recent cartoons with cool soundtracks, not the old annoying ones), which is a good thing. I love the sequence that goes in the background most of the time. The lead synth could merge with the song better. It sounds a bit harsh. Harsh works in the beggining, but it seems out of place when you start playing it faster. The drums should be louder. They're too buried in the mix. I can barely hear them, even at higher volumes.

Good track, though. I'll be sure to check out your stuff more. It's never perfect but it's always entertaining.

I agree with everyone who says this sounds like a sountrack. I also think this is a good thing. :)

CypherOne wrote:typing as I listen...
This sounds a bit like Knight Rider to me (only kind of...).
I totally agree with the Knight Rider thing going on. You should send this to Hasslehoff, this would be a perfect backing track for a possible Knight Rider reunion show... Knight Rider 2005! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the feedback. Probably if I'd try to make a soundtrack on purpose, nobody would recognize it as such ;)
Katanaman wrote:Good track, though. I'll be sure to check out your stuff more. It's never perfect but it's always entertaining.

Return to “Music Cafe”