[mully pop] RetroRocket.... (FINAL VERSION inside)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Go with your gut, Mully.
As you know I have lots of respect for your music. So don't take it the wrong way, but to me this song is not up to par with your abilities.
This succubus has sapped your mojo and you need to find some slut in a bar and make insane monkey sex for new song vibes.
Just my opinion, and I'm a slacker, so just take it for what it's worth. :hihi:

multree wrote:oh nice - do we get to meet nice kölsche girls then?? preferably shy girls that look superb and despite their shyness hit on me ;) yiha

despite 'their' shyness or despite your 'shyness'? - anyway: I'm shy as well but thanx god the kölsche girls aren't always... :-D

either way: the chances are good! 8) :hihi:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

multree wrote:but I'd honestly would like sitting in your flat and drink a beer, too
so next sunday? :-D
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

JeffSanders wrote:Go with your gut, Mully.
As you know I have lots of respect for your music. So don't take it the wrong way, but to me this song is not up to par with your abilities.
This succubus has sapped your mojo and you need to find some slut in a bar and make insane monkey sex for new song vibes.
Just my opinion, and I'm a slacker, so just take it for what it's worth. :hihi:
oh ha.... now that is criticissm (and I don't even know how to spell it right :hihi:) I like... but it is critic nevertheless.... well ya... maybe

well I'll try to do a bandsound approach and then let it hang for a while and see if it's any good

thanks... ;)

let's wait what steph has to say about it

"launch your retrorocket "

cool sentence, I like the song very much.
I suggest to keep it very acoustic and add some nice sound effects here and there.
Maybe some reverse retrorocket sounds at the end of the chorus? :D

tele
Listen to me at soundcklick:
www.soundclick.com/wewritesongs

telebunke wrote:"launch your retrorocket "

cool sentence, I like the song very much.
I suggest to keep it very acoustic and add some nice sound effects here and there.
Maybe some reverse retrorocket sounds at the end of the chorus? :D

tele
thanks

I'll see what the MINIMONSTA is capable of - good idea.... but I'll rerecord the song again.... it needs more ...pepp (don't know how to say it in engerländisch)

Yea, it sounds very folkish. You could fix the singing if you'd just belt it out. Also, sounds like you're havin "those feelings". Romantic songs sound wimpy to me. I think the music is fine, it just needs some more relaxed lyrics and a more confident vocalist. If you're gonna sing like that, it needs silly words put through telephone EQ.

upon 10th listening, i realized that it's very 'pete yorn'. that's why i like it so much. it's also why i keep hearing a rhythm section with this tune. and not that it matters too much, but he's very current.

one trick i heard recently that is subtle but effective is on the black eyed peas cd, elephunk. while singing the 'phone' part, overdub a whispery, eq'd female voice speaking the same lyrics as what you're singing. this makes the point that these are her words over the phone while allowing you to continue with the melody.

for the record, i love the pronuciation thruout.

Superb! Always a big fan of vocals with telephone EQ; just a clever vocal line and an easy to listen to production. Excellent stuff.

multree wrote:thanks KIM :)
No problem, MULLY :lol:

Forever,

Kim.

Return to “Music Cafe”