soundtrack - mysterious

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

i´ve written a piece of music for a pc-game. (Adventure)
I´ve used Garritans Orchestra, Crystal,some samples and soundfonts and my cello for it.
The game has a dark and mysterious atmosphere. I tried to underline that musically...
I would be glad to get some feedback.

You can dowload it here : http://rapidshare.de/files/1321568/Nils ... 2.mp3.html

You´ve got to scroll down and click on free...then you have to wait 40 seconds, then the download can begin...sorry, very tricky, I know

Nils :P

Hey Nils -- I really like this. Very pensive and expectant, so it kind of builds anticipation of some dark happening... Nice work! ;)

Tried to download for a listen but you've exceeded your quota for free downloads, sorry mate.

I have put Nil's song up on my site for a while, since his site is limited. You can hear it here:

http://www.panoriental.com/Song/Nils_Be ... Track2.mp3

:)

(Thanks xander). Yes, this is dark and hugely atmospheric, very much like a movie scene. Its subtlety is its strong point. I enjoyed listening, thanks Nils.

Thanks xander for your temporary hosting of the mp3-file. This is very kind of you.
Thank you both for your comments. It´s exactly what I wanted to hear :D :D :roll:

Nils_B wrote:Thanks xander for your temporary hosting of the mp3-file. This is very kind of you.
Thank you both for your comments. It´s exactly what I wanted to hear :D :D :roll:
Hey -- happy to help!

I'll keep it on there for a while longer (let me know). But since you're sounds are quite good, you ought to get a good site to host them in a more permanent way. ;)

Cheers 8)

I'll keep it on there for a while longer (let me know). But since you're sounds are quite good, you ought to get a good site to host them in a more permanent way. Wink
Oh, yes, you´re right. :?

Well, no problems... Maybe I'll need the same kind of help from you one day - especially when I'm a poor and broke down old muso with no future.

Wait! That's me right now!

:hihi:

:?

i like the dynamics , and the build ...
i found the arps to be a tad pedestrian ...

thanks for your comments !

@ xander : Thanks ! I think, it´s enough now :) :wink:

Great atmosphere Nils! I'm thinking a desolate place with an attitude... or if there are people around I don't want to meet them!

What game might it be for?

I love the timid feel of this I must say, it's been playing here now a few times and it's just tenderly soft.

I must say though that where the piece has a lot of dynamics I somehow miss that in the arp-notes where there is very little dynamics going on in these sounds. Some velocity sensitive filter(envelope) might do a good trick allready

Enjoyed much

Thank you for your tips.

It is an adventure-game. Like Monkey Island or Broken sword. But it´s not as ironic as those. It has a rather dark mood.
I tried to make the music "loop-able".
The music is for a scene that takes place in a huge old and decadent building. (in the 1920ies)

Return to “Music Cafe”