my april contest entry

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

looks like I've missed the deadline.. :(

well.. since I already went through the trouble of coming up with something I thought I'd at least post it..

I'm found
~1.9 mb
128kbit (127kbit mean) VBR OGG file

I'm missing a snare ;)

Hmmm..... I thought you were a Goa man. This comes across very Euro-ish. It's lacking that catchy theme which is so very important in this style.

I don't really like the main lead tbh. The rest is good actually, but that one just sounds too familiar sound wise and the melody is not helping either.

Kick and bass are very solid.

hey , i don't agree with armadillo, i guess sounds are nice and i love the begginig
it's a cheesy track , yeah , but it doesn matter
i like it :)
sailorboy

:shrug:

I like most all forms/songs in and of trance.. minus the shoemaker.. which just doesnt make sense to me..

though I guess it IS very 'euroish' if you want to call it that.. I think the term 'cheesy' is used with anything that has a multiosc, detuned, VA sound these days.. which (imo) is a shame.. because I bet if anyone adapted the melodies to a different genre it wouldnt be considered cheese. boo. next time you write a song ill say 'its using an overused gibson guitar, sabian cymbals, and that darned space echo.. but I wont fault you for it this time..' :o

actually rethinking that.. I guess you have different ideals on what a trance song should be vs. what I originated this song to be.. so there lies the issue.. get on my wavelength, the picture makes more sense when you are in my spectrum. :lol:

either way thanks for listening guys.. 2 is more than I expected from kvr.. but I threw it out there anyways :)

Its about 4 synths that make up the (I think its ~24 oscillators) melodies.. I couldnt make it sound any better if I tried.. I personally find that its great. Then I have 3 layered for bass (which is a little loud but oh well).. etc. Snares as hits would kill the speed and fill-in rolls arent quite my thing, so I didnt include any.. though I must admit the rimshot was just filler to break up the sound a bit.. and I had a handclap track further along in the song but it had the same effect as snare stabs so i dropped it.. :)

not bad for 2 nights work though.. I like this one so very much I think im going to stretch it out another 2+ minutes and release it elsewhere :)

cheers and thanks again!

"Euro-ish" is not necessarily bad in my book. Thought you knew that. I do like some cheesy stuff, and I didn't say "cheesy" btw.
I like the other synths just not the main one. But hey, it's just IMO :)

Why would snares kill the speed? but yeah, don't do snare rolls. That's so cliche. Hits on 2 and 4 would be nice though.

er...what/who is shoemaker btw?

Armadillo wrote:"Euro-ish" is not necessarily bad in my book. Thought you knew that. I do like some cheesy stuff, and I didn't say "cheesy" btw.
I like the other synths just not the main one. But hey, it's just IMO :)

Why would snares kill the speed? but yeah, don't do snare rolls. That's so cliche. Hits on 2 and 4 would be nice though.

er...what/who is shoemaker btw?

yeah it was a general response.. not all of it was pointed in your general direction.. :hihi:

actually I did experiment yesterday with hits on 2 and 4 and I really did not like it.. it seemed to slow down the sound and give more emphasis to the beat.. I want more of the attention on the lead (that you hate) and various other melodies going on at the same time (notice its 3 levels of melody playing simultaneously)

shoemaker is a trance song :hihi: uhmm it was by galaxee http://www.galaxee.no/shoe.ram

Return to “Music Cafe”