[Ballad] Epilogue

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Epilogue? I'm finishing my Monochrome project. CD will be ready soon. So I thought I would something a bit ironic - or not. Problem: Can't sing. So now I've remixed with some distortion on the voice (if anyone gifted in the vocal department would like to sing this, please let me know).

Well, enough talk. Give me a few comments, and I'll never sing again (yeah right).

Epilogue

Lyrics:

You’re at the end of the road

And nothing seems done

This impressive endeavour

Seems empty and gone

The efforts and long nights

No joy and no fun

Why keep it up

Trying over and over

Why stay in the race

Getting sadder and lower

There are people who say

Keep up the good work

We enjoy what you do

We like what we’ve heard

But the people are few

The notion’s absurd

Why keep it up

Longing for glory

Why prolong fighting

Should just end this story

I’m enjoying the process, consuming the outcome

My mood is improving, and time is just flying

The spring time is here, no more time for music

Some say creation is fun

Don’t know what they’re thinking

You don’t see the sun

No light leaves you blinking

You’re recluse and away

Your trials are unceasing

Why keep it up

Thinking you’ve got some

Talent, but no

It’s just plain and dumb

In a very odd melancholic way this spoke to me very much. What a difference though and step outside the monochrome project. The guitar just sounds great in this very accoustic piece.

So ironic eh? Well in my book you rank high as the talented ones ;)

Thank you Mystahr. I'm very ambivalent on this. It started out as an ironic commentary on a project that I think has marked my "rebirth" as a musician.

(Oh no, ramble mode - and serious - forgive me).

I've played guitar (and a little trumpet) in bands since 1984. The same band from 1990 to 2000. The 10-year band was a very traditionel bunch. We each stuck to our instruments, and the worst you could say of a performance was: that sounds weird / strange. For about two years - after a three year musical hiatus - I've been struggling to free myself from this musical fundamentalism via the computer. The Monochrome project is at the same time a farewell to the struggle (I'm free - I've found a valid voice outside the traditional rythmic music/band metaphor) and a hello to the future: Lots of exploration to be done (esp. playing live).

So, ironic? The lyrics is ironic in that I'm very pleased with the process and outcome of Monochrome. The music (and performance?) of the song is another story though. The odd melancholy is there. Go figure what it means?

Thomas

and a hello to the future: Lots of exploration to be done (esp. playing live).
8)

Tomorrow starts today

I listened to one of the monochrome tracks a while back, and this makes an interesting counterpoint.

it is a curiously moving piece, especially after reading your reasons for making it. I think the lyrical content speaks to many of us who are moved/driven to produce art.

very cool
thanks for posting and sharing your deeper thoughts.

grilla

suburban: Thank you very much. It's strange sharing something so far of ones chosen track (no pun ... or pun, indeed).

Oooh noooo.... bump

he - bumPO?

Bumping a thread for a non-existent track. Post-modern! :)

Or else the link isn't working.

Sorry. Wrong bump. Just forgeddaboutid...

Dang. Now I'm curious to hear it.

I'll send you a link if you would consider covering it (or just providing a decent vocal :-) )

Cool. Send over a link and I'll maybe definitely consider it. :)

PM'd you...

I like this - good, back-to-basics song.

Return to “Music Cafe”