My Father Tried to Teach me Human Emotions

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Good day !
Something momentous has occurred - I have finally finished a new track :o
Doesn't happen often, so I'd appreciate people's thoughts.

This is in my usual style, so if you like my other output, this should appeal - it's an ambient, melodic, slightly glitchy piece of electronica that's called The Arms of NGC1973.
No surprises in my using large doses of Reaktor :love: and a bunch of broken beats.
It's over at the Auditorium, here>>>

http://audioshots.com/auditorium/viewto ... 0560#10560

lissened, might just be in petulant or whatever frame, nice bits but got tired of the theme :p
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

xoxos wrote:lissened, might just be in petulant or whatever frame, nice bits but got tired of the theme :p
Thanks for taking the time to listen. Interesting comments :shock: :lol:

Would be pleased to hear comments from other members :P
Anyone :?:
Last edited by Ian SDZH on Thu May 12, 2005 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

nice production. I would have preferred the beats to develop into something a bit fatter and crunchier. I often find there's something oriental about your melodies, although I've no idea what I'm talking about.

CypherOne wrote:nice production. I would have preferred the beats to develop into something a bit fatter and crunchier. I often find there's something oriental about your melodies, although I've no idea what I'm talking about.
Mmm...oriental ? :o
I've had that thought too, strangely enough. Really have no idea where that influence would be coming from, seeing as I listen to Black/Death metal pretty much exclusively when not writing music like this... :!:

Re the beats, I wanted to keep them tamed on this track as it's more of an "ambient" affair.

Glad that you liked it and thanks for the listen :D

May be due to the happy somewhat adventurous melodies and especially the high pitch synth. And I agree, nice production.

I like it.

"Adventurous melodies" eh ?
I'll take that as a compliment !
Pleased to hear that you like it.

Another great building track, Ian. As usual, the percussion is wonderful - love the zaps and blips. Great space all around the track. Some excellent breaks in the track retain interest. Quite how that drum loop fits in at 4:04 is a mystery, but it does :)
Did anything ever come of your contact to get this stuff released?
Last edited by Miro on Wed Jun 01, 2005 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A very nice track, Ian. Really enjoyed it. Great melody and excellent arrangement. :)

Hey Miro & Novice thanks for bringing this track back from the dead ! :hihi:
Great melody and excellent arrangement.
:oops: :o :oops: : Thanks
As usual, the percussion is wonderful
:oops: :-o :oops: Thanks

nice production as usual, Ian..glad this one was bumped back to life as I had missed it.
8)

bluedad wrote:nice production as usual, Ian..glad this one was bumped back to life as I had missed it.
8)
Howdy Gary. Thanks for having a listen 8)
Yeah, I'm glad this got bumped by Miro too :hihi:

I've not heard anything by you recently got any links so that I can d/l sth ?

I like the atmosphere created by the lead synth and it`s reverb.
Have always like that lead sound...what synth and preset are you using for that?

Like the low tone zaps in the precussion also.
The lead sound is reminisant of old Tomita fm synthesis.
The slight slow vibrato pitch flange on a koto like waveform seems to also give it that asian sound.
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

Return to “Music Cafe”