[Folk electronica] That evening in may - REMIXED!

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

(My new genre is Donovan's (aka SickleXXX) suggestion).

The guitar is returning to my music - which is nice. This piece is a result of spending most of this beatiful May day in a hammock and then a magnificent evening view from my window.

That evening in may Long(ish): 7 min. Big file: 12 MB

Last edited by respirator on Tue May 17, 2005 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

So beautifully disturbing yet at the same time encompassing. It is great how the guitar keeps this track pushing onward, where this great carpet of background scaping tears at the listeners ears.

I like this.

If I were doing a remix, the main guitar parts (i.e. the ones that keep permutating the pitches b flat, a, g, f#) would be much louder and the other stuff would be much more distant and intermittant (sort of ala Ives "The unanswered question").

Interesting fare.

Thanks!

herodotus wrote:I like this.
Thanks!
If I were doing a remix, the main guitar parts (i.e. the ones that keep permutating the pitches b flat, a, g, f#) would be much louder and the other stuff would be much more distant and intermittant (sort of ala Ives "The unanswered question").
I'll give it a try. You might be right. And you're of course welcome to do a remix.

Was that it? (in other words: bump)

too big file, <crying>

respirator wrote:Was that it? (in other words: bump)
It is a very busy day in the cafe.

Besides, why listen to music when you can bitch about free software? :roll:

just keep bumping, and your worthy tune will eventually get the attention it deserves.

typing realtime as i listen so please forgive inconsistencies / vagueness ...

... the atmosphere here is cool ... kind of twin peaks (reality but not quite) ... mediterranean feel almost in places ... intriguing contrast of guitar parts and not-quite-vocal parts ... background hum a little bass-heavy ??? ... agreeing with whoever said balance of guitar and electronica could be better (background a tad too intrusive ??? ) ... nice whirring sound ... tinkly quiet interlude works very well but too short ??? ... getting more disorientated but now calming again (whens the storm ??? ) ...

... overall ... i like (reminds me of fennesz or the black dog a little in different places) ...

slainte :phones: rob

Phz: Thanks for listening. Interesting images. I think your'e right. If this piece should function as a musical and listenable piece, the "ugly" background should be put back (all the way, maybe) and the "pretty" parts, guitar and piano (the cembalo-like sound is act. an upright piano) should be more audible. The parts you describe as vocal-like (which is actually DMI Hammer heavily filtered) could be controlled more in the bass region.

But actually this is a formalistic piece, which I do now and then to try new ideas. Here everything is recorded in a different tempo than the original and then timestretched into place. Also no click and no qantisizing - everything played live. The "rythm" comes from temposynced filters and delays.

Remixed! Please listen (again). It's quite good now :oops:

The amazing and strange Character from Powercore helped alot.

(and I've shaped off a couple of MB - encoded at a lower bitrate).

same link ???

slainte :?: rob

pHz wrote:same link ???

slainte :?: rob
Yup

eh. double post. and premature bump.

cool piece respirator...moody, edgy and pristine - (some may find the following a disparagment, I mean it as a compliment) - kinda reminds me of those moments during a Grateful Dead concert where you begin to wonder where you've misplaced your body and whether you'll be able to find it again -

Now THAT is cool.

There is a Neubauten-ish thing that seems to be going on in there now that I really like.

Return to “Music Cafe”