Darkcore Drum n' Bass 180bpm

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic

Do you consider this track professional level?

No
73%
Yes
27%

Total votes: 11

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Altertone - Machine

I would appriciate comments on mix (particularly the amount of higher/lower freqs. Too much bass? too much high treble?) and production. Is it repetitive? etc. etc..

I made this in Flstudio and mastered in Adobe Audition.

The bass is a mix of P-600, GodKILLER III, and sampled bass I made in Adobe Audition.

The beat is 100% programmed though many of the samples are ripped form tracks (mostly vintage).

All Fx were made with fruity Granulizer.

Plug-ins used:
-P-600
-GodKILLER III
-Buzzroom compressors
-MDA multiband distortion (i need a better multiband dist. any suggestions?)
-Kjaerhus Classic Auto-Filter
-A bunch of FLStudio native plugs

hope you enjoy

I canot vote because I dont know what means professional level. You mean: "Can I do music for money ?"

Drums are perfect. Huge mass of drum maschines. I like that. You done this part very well.

But... There's no melodic line or so. Maybe its your aim. But I dont like that. Just great drums isnt great track for me. I miss some character.

For second listening... Yep, there is some melodic artifacts, but I find them too quiet.

For third listenig... I miss some lead melody, some motiff. Maybe its not realy needed for dnb track, but i miss that.

A big "YES" from me mate. 8)

The mix is sounding pretty damn fine on my monitors.

I love the drums but, if this isn't an edit, I think you could build the drums up at the start rather than launch immediately.

Who needs a melody - this is big hairy balls D&B!!
:hihi:

drum and bass needs no melody :D

very solid track. but the mix isn't quite there IMO.
the bass is weak and the highs are squashed.
my guess is that your mixing skills would increase greatly with better speakers.
and probably better eq & compression plugins and a fat limiter.
try the free blockfish compressor, it works great for beats.

Yeah! Sounds better than most of the crap I hear at DnB parties. Mix sounds good, everything is clear and the levels are nice. 8)

Now Iam feeling as absolute idiot. Thanks everybody.

For fourth listenig.... Still nothing... just emotional emptyness.

plastic wrote:my guess is that your mixing skills would increase greatly with better speakers.
Woah! Good shot, mate. My "monitors" are a mix of 2.1 klipsch system and old sony load speakers powered by a 30 year old tube amp. They do not suffice at all. For some reason I'm really impressed you could spot that.

Jura, no need to feel bad. You gave honest tips which is very appriciated.

ImageAnyone else have any suggestions?

Chase Altertone wrote:ImageAnyone else have any suggestions?
Nice, i once had a spot like that, on my leg...

..anyway, missed this one, listening now.

same sort of 'sound' on this tune as the last one - i think a bit of eq to seperate everything a bit more would be good. Maybe its just me but I feel that there is a sort of fogginess to the sound, a sort of flatness. Not sure how better to explain it.

Structure wise I'd stick some more changes in, structurally ane melodically. Not sure if you go to many drum n bass nights but its the sudden changes and so on that do it for me... that process of building uyp and breaking down.

Good filthy bass sound though, good stuff 8)

this sounds a lot like what you would hear on a typical night in a dn'b club i guess. It maybe could use a breakdown and build up i guess but, as far as d n' b goes, sounds kinda solid i guess. I could easily hear a dj throwin a mastered version of that track into a set at the dn'b parties i used to go to. just brake it down and build it up a little more. people love that type of thing.

Return to “Music Cafe”