New to the forum

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

:oops: Another newbe! New to this forum but I use Dogs on Acid a little. Read a few posts, listened a little. :hihi: Glad to join to review and post. I finshed a piece recently and could use an extra set of ears. The song title is (You Have Been De-Voiced) Z

http://www.beatbiz.net/artist.php?USERID=493 <-- Click here

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?songs=298256&T=236

what stylee is it then?

welcome to KVR

not bad i like the main-idea of the song - but it's getting a little boring after a while cause it's over and over again the same and the sound is to muddy (did u put an lowpass over all ?) - use an EQ to bring
some life in by raising some high frequencies

Excellent! Just f**king excellent! :hyper: Only thing I would suggest is to bring the drums up a little (punch and/or light distortion?)to be more fierce. But great synth work and production on all your action! :love:

Sweet, just f**king sweet! :hail:

snooky wrote:what stylee is it then?
A bit of DarkStep / DnB :o

verstaerker wrote:welcome to KVR

not bad i like the main-idea of the song - but it's getting a little boring after a while cause it's over and over again the same and the sound is to muddy (did u put an lowpass over all ?) - use an EQ to bring
some life in by raising some high frequencies

I did a 25hz cut to the entire track to get rid of the low sounds, I need a little :help: with Eq at times. Thanks for the review. Z

Steven West wrote:Excellent! Just f**king excellent! :hyper: Only thing I would suggest is to bring the drums up a little (punch and/or light distortion?)to be more fierce. But great synth work and production on all your action! :love:

Sweet, just f**king sweet! :hail:
Thanks! I need to figure out how to get my drums a little more punchy, I know it's a compression thing, or I can do a 40hz cut and boost at another part... :help: If you know :help: I know my synth could use a little more distortion. I am a little intimadated when messing with Volume and Distortion. Thanks for the listen and advice, appreciate it. Z

Great work man. No matter how the sound is, its just angle of view. Dont change anything, your track sounds originaly and thats what I like. You must listen to them many times before you understand why is this sound just like that.

I dont like vision of comercial sounding record, which interests you for first time and makes you "WOW!". More important than sound design is content.

I fell in your track some content but I recomend you to spend more time on your tracks and add more harmonic/melodic changes or more sounds to interest ones mind. That will improve your performance a lot.

You have musical talent. Do you play something ? I bet that you play.

Keep this going on. I like that.

Jura

jura wrote:Great work man. No matter how the sound is, its just angle of view. Dont change anything, your track sounds originaly and thats what I like. You must listen to them many times before you understand why is this sound just like that.

I dont like vision of comercial sounding record, which interests you for first time and makes you "WOW!". More important than sound design is content.

I fell in your track some content but I recomend you to spend more time on your tracks and add more harmonic/melodic changes or more sounds to interest ones mind. That will improve your performance a lot.

You have musical talent. Do you play something ? I bet that you play.

Keep this going on. I like that.

Jura
Thanks for listening, I used to play the Bass 7 year back never got real far playing just high school kids in a band, I stoped because I was in a bind and had to sell it. I appreciate the advice, I do need to work alot on harmonics. I just finished another track, I can always use an extra set of ears on it.

http://www.beatbiz.net/artist.php?USERID=493 <-- "Gangster Tribute"

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?so ... 256&T=9063

Sorry but I dont like "Gangster Tribute". Weakest thing what I heard from you. Sry. But iam looking forward to hear some new track from you, not from Jim Jarmush. :shrug:

Cool track - fueled by a nice propulsion - agreed about bringing in different harmonic/melodic stuff but that is also very subjective...will be on the look-out for more of your pieces

Quite a groovy little tune this, I'd make the drums a bit more in yer face, I usually cheat and pump the shite out of them with camelphat and a free limiter and some eq... also some more drum variations would be cool.

Like the stereo spread weirdness going on with the vox and some of the synth parts.

Appreciate all the love and reviews, I will work harder to see if I can only improve the soundz. Cheers Z

Return to “Music Cafe”