[live electronica] ?

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi

This is not great art! But it's my first attempt of a live track. Please comment. It's done with my new Space*Synth! Only knob twisting in the physical domain. Classic Delay and T-Racks.

Thomas

Pretty. That's a really nice little instrument, not at all what I expected the old arcade chip to sound like (even after the delay). Love those pitch drop sounds.

I've been stuck in a phase of doing everything live (though often with multiple passes) for over a year. I really need to get back into the habit of audio editing. Despite all this, I still haven't found a strategy for playing live (as in doing gigs) that I'm happy with. :dog:

ooh so this is what it does :o

cron wrote:...not at all what I expected the old arcade chip to sound like (even after the delay). Love those pitch drop sounds.
Yeah it's really great fun. It's run through my trusty Ibanez FP-777 (phaser and tremelo and a great piece of gear) a wah-pedal and a cheesy stereo chorus pedal. On it's own it tends to be a bit harsh.

Oh and occasionally I switched the audio in on which was fed by my theremin.
I've been stuck in a phase of doing everything live (though often with multiple passes) for over a year. I really need to get back into the habit of audio editing. Despite all this, I still haven't found a strategy for playing live (as in doing gigs) that I'm happy with.

I'm trying to develop a live strategy as well. This thing will play a roll. I'm considering two approaches. The boring one is based on EnergyXT and VSTs. The interesting and very difficult is based on PD or MAX/MSP and some kind of audio controlled auto algorithmic composition thing!?

Thanks for listening. Would like more info on your - and others - live strategy. Esp. if they are keyboardless.

Them is some cool noises. 8)

yeah, cool stuff here. i can tell you had fun with this. 8)

Thanks. I agree that it's cool sounds. I'm thrilled. I'm also aware that I have a lot to learn before I can make good music live (without my guitar).

definate cool sounds happening. Just sent you a mail if you'd like to discuss strategies (although quite keyboard orientated)

Return to “Music Cafe”