Another boring pop song

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi guys!

For all those of you who love boring, melancholic pop music :lol: there's a new song here.

http://audioshots.com/auditorium/viewtopic.php?t=1194

Any comments welcome, even from that dunnowhatshisname techno freak.

Have a nice we,

Talvin

Let's start with a disappointment: You didn't really manage to bore me :wink:

Like the vocals, no need to shout. :wink: Catchy chorus, some interesting harmonic progressions. Don't shoot me, but on several occasions Oasis came to my mind ...

Liked the breaks before the verses ... maybe you should bring that clean lead guitar a bit down, gets in the way of the vocals every now and then.

Sorry, just some random thoughts while I'm listening.

I like the song. Thank you for sharing. :)

Regards,

Tommy

PS: Dir auch ein schönes Wochenende ... auch die Lerche über den Hügeln schwitzt unter den Flügeln :D

Well, I used to listen to Oasis a lot. At present it's Travis or Coldplay, so your association wasn't that wrong :) . I might check the solo guitar though. Thanks for the tip.

P.S.: Auch im Wald, der Specht
hat heut geschwitzt, jetzt echt :hihi:

Talvin wrote:Auch im Wald, der Specht
hat heut geschwitzt, jetzt echt :hihi:
:D

Regards,

Tommy

Good tune... You've got some skills...

yeah, i'm liking this. and you don't over-emote, which is good, the tone fits the song well. all the instruments fall into place nicely.

Thank you :roll: .

i like the harmonic construction :) sounds nice , especially the finall strings , but the hi hat seems litle in front compared to the snare and bass drum , that's my opinion :)

Thanks for listening. :) I might change the hihats in future versions.

Any more suggestions? What about the breaks after the verses? Do they fit the song? Would you leave them out?

for indie/guitar pop or whatever it is, it's actually rather good. Normally I hate this stuff, so if I like it, it must be good. :D Can't really comment on the mix apart from the fact that the distorted guitars seems to be lacking a bit bottom.
Good effort.

As to the break (after the chorus I/II)...would you leave it as it is?

Drums are too low during the intro. (Snare's about half as loud as it should be. You almost bring it into context when the verse starts. It could use a little more "snap" too.) I would maybe double-track the lead vocal. It sounds weak when it's by itself. The harmonies help it somewhat. I could use a little more bass overall.

Very nice arrangement!

Ok, in my view this is amongst the better songs that I have heard on the auditorium. Decent words, good melodies, and sweet arrangement. Small critique:- I think that some of the instrument frequencies are clashing, so, a bit of EQ work maybe? From a compositional angle - the middle 8 - " You're not the only one that hurts" would benefit from jumping up into a different key than the rest of the song ... dropping down again after the guitar solo - into the chorus. This would add another dynamic to the track. Even so, very good tune and a keeper for me. Thanks ;-)
http://chrisamusic.bandcamp.com/
"It's square to be hip"

Thanks for listening and the suggestions. :) Could someone give me tips on eqing? What instruments should I work on/what frequencies etc.

Return to “Music Cafe”