zero|divided><metric 2 - acid breaks

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

zero|divided

newest track: metric electric chapter 2
http://zerodivided.com/zerodivaudio/Zer ... apter2.mp3

vital stats: 160k MP3, about 4:55 long, 6 megs

kit: future retro revolution, roland mc202, waldorf xtk, yammy fs1r, trilogy, phatmatik, and heavy abuse of a sherman filterbank

and, a new website:

http://www.zerodivided.com

:D

/michael

poking and proding around my head by the space doctor, then at 1:50 we find something.
like the way you get nasty up front but keep a smooth synth in the background
cool stuff as usual

I like the numbers on numbers you have on that top graphic at the site
cheerz michael

Ed

thanks man :D this track started out as a pretty straightforward ambient/acid track, but took a turn once I started screwing with the filterbank :hihi:

thanks for listening :D

I'm just now listening to the music, but really like the use of plain text on the website. It's a creative way of getting something from very little - which I am all over.

hmm, a very well put together track that's just too fuzzy for my liking. I think it would have been better if the beats were a bit cleaner but then I always get told to add distortion to my drums so erm...

but I had to just listen to this before logging off.

Fantastic sound 8)

thanks guys for listening- and sorry for being so absent these days... :scared:

shane - thanks for that on the site. I spent a bit of time trying to figure out what I wanted to do with the site and the logo, but the simplicity that came of just layering numbers to create density, plus using the text to create the field below kind of fit well :D I'm still a pretty rudimentary web designer, so it's always nice to hear that the efforts I put forward look good to someone else besides me :hihi:

cypher - yeah, I know what you mean about the distortion, and there could be some clarity needed overall (like an additional subkick and a cleaner snare) to help punch the drums out a bit more. I got heavyhanded as a reaction to how clean the drums were sounding when I first started the track. All of the tracks for this project tend to be 3-5 hour affairs, so once I get the finals together for the first little album, I'll spend some time cleaning up the overall drums :D

hey mystahr :love: hope you're doing well :D and hope you're tm-1 is healthy again :evil:

/michael

8) doing fine Mike and the TM1 is allready on it's return; they had forgotten to solder a connection somehow :D

nice track overall.

Almost an Acid/Trance stormer, but pulls away. Nice use of distortion. 8) What plug or hardware is it?

eek... much belated reply, allergies got the best of me!

distortion is almost entirely from the Sherman filterbank on all the synth parts, the drums are all hardclipped through a bitcrusher, then limited and eq'd after the fact.

you cant divide zero you big silly!

awesome track. i love the sound of the 202. it really hits you right between the eyes eh.

what did you use for drums?

Return to “Music Cafe”