[tune] Like a bird

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

http://24.9.145.185/smf/index.php?actio ... 1.0;id=160

Bass, picked Acoustic and Electric Guitar and drums are from Omnisynth.
Virtual Guitarist is doing the acoustic guitar strums.
Vocals by me

It's just half a song, cause I felt likie finishing other compositions first. Nevertheless

you might like it, if you're into electro-acoustic-folk-rock.

tele
Listen to me at soundcklick:
www.soundclick.com/wewritesongs

I had about 24 people that listend. Would someone like to give a comment on the song?
The mix is not my greatest work, it was done with Cubasis VST 4.0,
guess I could do better to day, since I got more experience and UAD-1 now.

tele

subject matter put me off.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

Very nice tele. Very catchy tune with a nice light toe tapping feel. I did think the mix needed a bit of work. Perhaps some compression on the bass and drums would provide a little more punch, but I'm no expert there. You have a nice voice.

It's refreshing to hear something happy. Over all, very very nice. I get the idea that girl will come around... :D

BTW, the subject didn't put me off... :lol:

thanks for taking a listen, Harmony.
Yeah, the mix really needs some more work, I just never went on with the song since 2 years.
That was just the best I could do back then, since I had just started recording and arranging shortly before. But guess what, my mixing abilities have not imroved veeeery much since then, but I think I did quite some good steps as an arranger&composer.
This song actually was the last thing that I did with CubasisVST before I decided to get something more pro, e.g. CubaseSL.
If I ever complete the arrangement, I'll do some improvements on the mix, too.
Some LA2A and some PultecEQ would do wonders, maybe some Plate140 for the vocals.

tele

Any comments on how the little song appeals to you?

tele

Yes this is a nice one. I like it :wink: and yes the mix could be better. Maybe a little solo and you would have a great song.

well this my humble opinon of course.

mman wrote:Yes this is a nice one. I like it :wink: and yes the mix could be better. Maybe a little solo and you would have a great song.

well this my humble opinon of course.
Your opinion is valuable for me, thanks.
Before doing any solo I should add the 2nd verse and a 2nd chorus, I guess. But I stopped working on that tune for now, doing other songs.
Still, it's nice to hear from people how the idea, as far as it goes, appeals to them.
Any other user who would like to comment?

tele

Return to “Music Cafe”