Funky Breaks Tune : Highwave

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is the first mix of this tune. So any comments will likely affect it's outcome.
If anybody has ideas or would like to add to it, I'd be delighted.

http://www.eclecticmeme.com/audio/techbot-highwave.mp3

Groovy. I think you need to either shorten up the intro and add/remove some elements more often during the stanzas in the first 2/3 of the song. Some parts get a little repetitive. But the beats are great and I like the eclectic mix of stuff. If you had a vocal on it, the repetition wouldn't be noticeable.

Nice positive mood - this would go well with beer!

Absolutely :!: . Thank You" for the quick response.

This is why I posted it. I can’t sing and I’d rather not resort to samplebanks. So if anyone is up to the challenge :) . I can edit extraneous sounds out once I have a vocal to work with.

It doesn't have to be a vocal with complete lyrics. Vocal fx would be cool. All I ask is that they are vocals recorded specifically for this tune.

You™ wrote:Groovy. I think you need to either shorten up the intro and add/remove some elements more often during the stanzas in the first 2/3 of the song. Some parts get a little repetitive. But the beats are great and I like the eclectic mix of stuff. If you had a vocal on it, the repetition wouldn't be noticeable.

Nice positive mood - this would go well with beer!
I agree with these comments; and ... I like the drums.
"Don't fear mistakes. There are none." - Miles Davis

Liked the drums a lot, wasn't keen on the piano, it felt slightly out of place to my ears. On the other hand my daughter seemed to enjoy it :)

REALLY COOL, it's just fun right as I like it,
So, we (others and I) are actually working on a presentation for a contest, am I allowed to get it in?
Jonamb aka. JustJ
Stream my tunes

Very funky, excellent drum work :)

- Ulli -
Sunburn In Cyprus - Downtempo/Lounge/Pop/Electronic/Dub
Sunburn In Cyprus music site

Hi Thanks for the repsonse guys.
Cypher: Glad your daughter liked it :D .
As for the piano. It's probably more dominant at the moment than it should be. But I'm hoping some vocals will enable me to put a few of the sounds more to the back.

As for the drums, they're samples so I can't really take credit for em. But nonetheless I think there is a nice funky tune here dying to get out.

Hey it doesn't even have to be a vocal.I'm up for anything. I could finish it by myself but I'm more into a collab with this one. So anything goes.

If I don't get a response, I'll do another edit and tidy things up a bit, but I thought peeps would prefer working with a raw production which would leave more avenues for change. (I think)

Luv

Return to “Music Cafe”