june contest ... GOSSIP

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Lady J wrote:Thanks to all that voted. I believe what this shows is that even behind the most annoying, over exposed and self absorbed musical artists there is talent that shines through which eventually boosts these people to the positions they occupy. Even on KVR...
Or potentially they're just unrepentant whores that compromise all the principles that people with self-respect have, eventually lowering themselves to the lowest common denomenator bottom-feeding position that they've been convinced is the only thing that will make everyone believe they're worth knowing.

For people that thrive on believing their own hype, more power to 'em. Doesn't mean everyone else thinks it's a healthy way to live or at all a worthwhile pursuit.
And now for the surprise: I will use my prize on my real major label release. :)
Golly, I'm impressed. Have fun on your foreign spin-off label of a conglomerate subsidiary. Guess you didn't need us fawning peons to boost your tremendous ego after all.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

- m
Markleford's band, The James Rocket: http://www.TheJamesRocket.com/
Markleford's tracks: http://www.markleford.com/music/
Markleford's free MFX, DXi2, DR-008 modules: http://www.TenCrazy.com/

Markleford wrote: unrepentant whores that compromise all the principles that people with self-respect have, eventually lowering themselves to the lowest common denomenator bottom-feeding position that they've been convinced is the only thing that will make everyone believe they're worth knowing.
Bitter? nah....
Golly, I'm impressed. Have fun on your foreign spin-off label of a conglomerate subsidiary. Guess you didn't need us fawning peons to boost your tremendous ego after all.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
Fusion music is the next big thing, it will rock your world and i plan to be there!

Fusion music is the next big thing, it will rock your world and i plan to be there!
It already is in mine! :D

Dig the Cameleon LadyJ.

Cheers,
Gordon

'I probably am', Lady J wrote:the most annoying, over exposed and self absorbed musical artists there is
Oh the irony :hihi:

as for me i plan to start my july contest right now. so what's the theme again?

For those interested I will be making an appearance at the official Live8 pre and after parties in Illadelphia. Come check out the music.

....at Ulnas

Tomorrow night July 1st

2nd & Bainbridge one block south of South Street

Special Guests:

Will Smith
Destiny's Child
Kaiser Chiefs
Dave Matthews Band
Linkin Park
Jay-Z
Stevie Wonder
Maroon 5
P Diddy
Sarah McLachlan
Bon Jovi
Rob Thomas
50 Cent

email blairharris10@hotmail.com for more info yo.

Then it is down to DC for the Rock-N-Divas concert:

and back north to Philly to see Live8
Last edited by Lady J on Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

are there advertisement time-outs during the contests now?

I'd like to propose a theme for the next contest (dont worry i wont be entering).....

"It was the era that started with a war and ended with a war."
"It was the era that gave rise to Grunge, Gangsta Rap, 'Electronica' and the Spice Girls."
'It was the heyday of raving!'
'It was the era when VST and many of us came of age.'

So I propose........

So dust off your Korg Legacy collection, Ibanez guitar, Novation Bass Station and prepare for......

"I Love The 90s!"

Anything from jinglejangle REMish stuff to to Public Enemy ish rap to Grunge to Aphex type stuff to Big Beat/DnB/90s Trance/90s Pop would be covered. The 90s was such a diverse decade. Let's do it up proper!

I'd like to propose a theme for the next contest (dont worry i wont be entering).....

"It was the era that started with a war and ended with a war."
"It was the era that gave rise to Grunge, Gangsta Rap, 'Electronica' and the Spice Girls."
'It was the heyday of raving!'
'It was the era when VST and many of us came of age.'

So I propose........

So dust off your Korg Legacy collection, Ibanez guitar, Novation Bass Station and prepare for......

"I Love The 90s!"

Anything from jinglejangle REMish stuff to to Public Enemy ish rap to Grunge to Aphex type stuff to Big Beat/DnB/90s Trance/90s Pop would be covered. The 90s was such a diverse decade. Let's do it up proper!
I can only say with all due respect...... Yech! This would rule me out since I have only a glancing acquaintance with this music and what I have heard I don't like at all.

Sorry.

A final thanks to those who gave me some votes. My nightmares of being in the Top 20 have been fulfilled. Hopefully thats as close as I ever get to major label whoredom. Much appreciated.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote:My nightmares of being in the Top 20 have been fulfilled.
Sellout.

farlukar quoth
Sellout.

I was framed. l33t haxxors replaced my track with something better.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Lady J wrote:Fusion music is the next big thing, it will rock your world and i plan to be there!
Hm...some music history could be in place here. I've been playing fusion for 15 years...

Edit: Sorry, forgot the link...
http://www.vervemusicgroup.com/history.aspx?hid=27
My Soundcloud Too many pieces of music finish far too long after the end. - Stravinsky

Good stuff aieda_cin. Props to you. 8)

aieda_cin wrote: Why do you want to work for a major label and make lowest common denominator music - do you enjoy it? if so cool.

I work for myself with one other. We are independant. My collaborator and partner sold Over 28 million copies with one project. And it was enjoyable - mostly - except for the soulless managers and art wank egos of others (one thing I can't stand is 'the precious 'artiste''. I would like to see nsync, sugababes or faithless do anything similar. for ONE project!

Why not have fun and cut the egotystical bull and make some real money while you do it.

I personally don't like the limelight - i am just a weird transexual with a disability who likes to write music. I also like to sit in the background of any major project - I appreciate my privacy. If I perform I like it to be in small intimate environments and it is never about the money. At the same time music and sound has a value and I don't beleive you need to 'sell out', just have fun and do your absolute best.

To answer the question. I have a good reason. I need to have a big platform for my big mouth and big message. I can have fun while doing this and those around me like to have fun so it's all good. I'm glad you enjoy your work. I enjoy mine as well.

Lowest Common Denominator or not, it is a vehicle for my avatar.

Return to “Music Cafe”