BASS BEAUTY (My best work yet?) Electronica & Orchestra

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Click Here, http://audioshots.com/auditorium/viewtopic.php?t=1559

This track is alomost finished, the only bit I'm not sure about is from approx 1 min to 2min.
Let me know your ideas.

I've used, Logic Pro 6.4.3, on a Dual 2.0GHZ G5 Powermac with 2.5GB RAM,
EWQLSO GOLD,
PSP's stuff
HydraTone or ValveTone on nearly every channel, (even though they're CPU heavy, I can't justify using any other EQ, I tried but it almost brought me to tears.)
Spectron & Trash on the end bit and Trash on some backing loops.

I got to the point with this track, where it wouldn't play cos I had so many EWQLSO instances, so I stuck in an extra 1GB of RAM and it plays beautifully now.
MySpace/Escapee Planes
Virb
Perfume EP out 17 Dec, 12" MP3, FLAC & WAV

This is a catchy song! The Bass line has that still-sounds-good-after-100-repetitions quality which a good pop bass line must.

The atmosphere is understated but powerful, and that metallic noise that comes in about 4:10 is really cool.

Thanks!

Thanks,
Over 20 people have downloaded it and you'r ethe first to reply.

I think the first couple of minutes need developing more, as the 2nd half of the track is thicker and better developed I think.

Thanks
MySpace/Escapee Planes
Virb

Not particularly impressed by the orchestral stuff: seems more of an afterthought than a compositional focus!

I'd also personally prefer more development for an effort close to 6 minutes. While the palette changes over the track, conceptually it doesn't break too much new ground. I recognize the importance of returning to the bass, though.

But I did listen to it all the way through (twice), and there were several little genius sound moments in there that show the effort you put into it. I'm sure you can punch it into shape.

I think the 1-2 min thing is possibly one of the strongest transitions in the piece, in fact. Definitely keep that section.

- m
Markleford's band, The James Rocket: http://www.TheJamesRocket.com/
Markleford's tracks: http://www.markleford.com/music/
Markleford's free MFX, DXi2, DR-008 modules: http://www.TenCrazy.com/

Thanks for your comments
MySpace/Escapee Planes
Virb

I liked the track quite much, but it should definately end at about 3:45. This orchestral ending is boring.

Nice track! The only thing I would suggest is turning down the output of a dist.plugin as long as it's distortion is going up, at the end of the track. So, you can keep the same average level.

I have a question. Which reverb plugin did you apply for EWQLSO, or it is it's own, natural reverberation?

Thanks,
Vitaly.

Space Desiner Convolution Reverb (part of Logic)

Yes I have actually automated the volume to come down at the end, but obviously not enough, I will tweak,

Thanks for the suggestion and kind words.
MySpace/Escapee Planes
Virb

Very professional sounding track, I too like the way the tune morphs its way into an orchestral state, I think however it was to much distortion in the end. Overall an excellent track, Great work.

ketillien wrote:Very professional sounding track, I too like the way the tune morphs its way into an orchestral state, I think however it was to much distortion in the end. Overall an excellent track, Great work.
Pretty much what I was going to say about this track. I love the atmosphere :love:
but the ending kinda turned me off :(

Nice track overall, though :)

Cool track. Very well structured. The sounds and melodies complement each other well and the tune finishes with a sense of conclusion, with plenty going on along the way.
I like the changes from one section to the next but I think the tune could be shortened by about a minute. I agree with Markleford the 1-2 minute section works well and should remain.

Nice work

I've uploaded the latest version.

Extra Loops, Ride Tabla, * various percussion, with Spectron & Nitro

Still not finished yet. Just showing the progress.

Its towards the end of the creation of a track that I need more outside input.
MySpace/Escapee Planes
Virb

Wow, this forum, is a busy place, only a day and this thread is on page 2!.

Thanks for the comments.

Personaaly I quite like the ending (obviously) but I initially envsaged more morphing, so I think I will tweak it some more.

I like the perfect cadence at the end though, so the chords are staying.
MySpace/Escapee Planes
Virb

Return to “Music Cafe”