Laid Back Ambient, Tribute to KVR & DiscoDSP

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

rockstarfx wrote:ahhhhhhh :)
peaceful
Thank you . . . and pax hominibus :D

herodotus wrote:Very Enoesque.
In a non derivative way, that is.
Thank you very much, that's about the nicest thing anyone's ever said about my music :D

That musical reference was definitely a conscious one. When dealing in all FM ambient it's hard not to keep the Master in mind. Oh, and the process of refering to Eno or using his techniques/sounds/paradigm (if one can be said to have a paradigm) is called Enosification.

I knew you'd like the cross bump!

emdot_ambient wrote:
herodotus wrote:Very Enoesque.
In a non derivative way, that is.
Thank you very much, that's about the nicest thing anyone's ever said about my music :D
Yes, well I am NOT going to tell Charles that you even mentioned Fripp in a sentence describing his playing, however mangled.

His head is already a trifle large.

emdot_ambient, this is beautiful. as you may recall, we were joint 3rd place winners that month, but i now feel less worthy, i've yet to employ my phantom - listening to what you've produced i'm enthused to investigate it deeper. i'm glad, and not surprised, they've used it as a demo for their plug-in.

i was equally struck by the story behind this, i love egg tempera painting, about 15 years ago i began to investigate it myself, and became highly enthralled in its method - to the point that i'd follow medieval 'manuals' and boil up rabbit skins in the process of making my own gesso. your track brought much of this love of working in layers and levels to mind perfectly, an egg tempera painting can capture light in unique ways - it can glow, sparkle and dazzle, as does this music.

at your service

emdot_ambient wrote:pax hominibus :D
gloria in excelsis Deo et in terra pax hominibus bonae voluntatis

:singer: :singer: :singer: :singer: :singer: :singer: :singer: :singer: :singer: :singer:
:singer: :singer: :singer: :singer: :singer: :singer: :singer: :singer: :singer: :singer:

:D

This really is lovely. It keeps building in a really delicate, organic way. Excellent work.
toujours humectez la mouture. toujours.

knockman wrote:emdot_ambient, this is beautiful. as you may recall, we were joint 3rd place winners that month, but i now feel less worthy, i've yet to employ my phantom - listening to what you've produced i'm enthused to investigate it deeper. i'm glad, and not surprised, they've used it as a demo for their plug-in.

i was equally struck by the story behind this, i love egg tempera painting, about 15 years ago i began to investigate it myself, and became highly enthralled in its method - to the point that i'd follow medieval 'manuals' and boil up rabbit skins in the process of making my own gesso. your track brought much of this love of working in layers and levels to mind perfectly, an egg tempera painting can capture light in unique ways - it can glow, sparkle and dazzle, as does this music.

at your service
I am honored, sir, for your very kind remarks. :oops: I started my creative life in the visual arts, then transitioned to music and writing. All three have a lot in common (not the least of which is it's almost impossible to make a decent living at them :wink: ), and all three have major differences. I'm so glad that a fellow trans-artistic being found resonance in this music. :)

rockstarfx wrote:
emdot_ambient wrote:pax hominibus :D
gloria in excelsis Deo et in terra pax hominibus bonae voluntatis

:D
Amen, and amen. :D

Miro wrote:This really is lovely. It keeps building in a really delicate, organic way. Excellent work.
Thank you so much! Yeah, it was kind of an antidote to my more focused and aggressive entries to the April, and especially the May, song competitions.

A very nice listen. (Too nice?). But def. peaceful and delicate. Enjoyed it!

respirator wrote:A very nice listen. (Too nice?). But def. peaceful and delicate. Enjoyed it!
Well, it ain't blip-hop or grunge, that's for sure! I suppose "too nice" would be a matter of taste. I didn't sit down to consciously write a syrupy nice track, I just found a sound/pattern that I liked and built what came naturally over top. So if it's too nice . . . at least I came by it honestly! :hihi:

And anyway, I'm a darned nice fellow, gosh darn it :P

**edit** Oh, and I'm glad you liked it :D

Return to “Music Cafe”