free album download: Andrew Duke--Second Opinion

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

http://www.phoniq.net/netlabel.pl?Actio ... ease_ID=15
Comments welcome.
Thanks.
Take care.
Andrew

link not working :?
toujours humectez la mouture. toujours.

Make it easier to grab and more peeps will listen dude.

TMA wrote:Make it easier to grab and more peeps will listen dude.
I wish it was easier! It's on a netlabel, so it was their decision to make it so. I could only provide the direct-est link. I've emailed the label to see if they can make things easier for people who want to download. Thanks. Andrew

I had no problem downloading (doing it just now). It just won't let me download the entire zip, says I must register. Separate track downloads work, though.

I will listen to it during the weekend.
If you can't beat your computer at chess, try kick-boxing.

Downloading now... didn't mind the registration at this site so much - at least it's instantaneous.
The test'll be how much spam results.

Will comment as soon as I get to listen. Cheers Andrew!

Some nice stuff here, for sure. My favourites on the first listen are Mikado and Shake the Mechanic, but they all have something to recommend them. Very excellent polyrhythms throughout, and lots of fine detail for active listening. I found some of the tracks seemed a bit muffled in the high-frequency department, but I imagine that's just the wonderful world of lossy audio compression. Overall, well done.

dystonia_ek wrote:Downloading now... didn't mind the registration at this site so much - at least it's instantaneous.
The test'll be how much spam results.

Will comment as soon as I get to listen. Cheers Andrew!
re: spam from registering; i've been assured that they won't use your info to send anything to you and that they don't share info with others. andrew

dystonia_ek wrote:Some nice stuff here, for sure. My favourites on the first listen are Mikado and Shake the Mechanic, but they all have something to recommend them. Very excellent polyrhythms throughout, and lots of fine detail for active listening. I found some of the tracks seemed a bit muffled in the high-frequency department, but I imagine that's just the wonderful world of lossy audio compression. Overall, well done.
***perhaps, but more likely a combination of the fact that the majority of the tracks are taken "as is" from live performances (so no post production) and/or my eq skills definitely need improvement! thanks for the comments, j. a.

d/l'd 'seven stones' , and 'mikado' ...
quite liked both ...

and , if you're the same fellow who posted the sample collection at the reaktor UL , many thanks ...

hope to incorporate same into future endeavors ...

normal wrote:d/l'd 'seven stones' , and 'mikado' ...
quite liked both ...

and , if you're the same fellow who posted the sample collection at the reaktor UL , many thanks ...

thanks. yep that was me who posted my samples on the reaktor user library; just took them down yesterday due to complaints that i had uploaded too many, so glad you got em while you could! (i would have been happy to post the samples in 1 or 2 zips available to users of any ni product, but the ni user library doesn't have a universal sample area or allow uploads larger than 7.46mb, so i had to upload a lot of uploads--and in 3 places--, which caused a big fuss; i can understand why, but it would be good if ni fixed the problem in future to prevent that from happening again) take care and happy music making. andrew

Andrew Duke wrote:
quite liked both ...

thanks. yep that was me who posted my samples on the reaktor user library; just took them down yesterday due to complaints that i had uploaded too many, so glad you got em while you could! (i would have been happy to post the samples in 1 or 2 zips available to users of any ni product, but the ni user library doesn't have a universal sample area or allow uploads larger than 7.46mb, so i had to upload a lot of uploads--and in 3 places--, which caused a big fuss; i can understand why, but it would be good if ni fixed the problem in future to prevent that from happening again) take care and happy music making. andrew
you may want to talk to the folks at audioshots.com ...

http://audioshots.com/

you can probably arrange some hosting there ...

Hey Andrew,

Quite like some of these (I'm bad, I should have kept score on track names), up to your usual standards.

I'd never seen Phoniq before, is that NAW running it?

normal wrote:
Andrew Duke wrote:
quite liked both ...

you may want to talk to the folks at audioshots.com ...

http://audioshots.com/

you can probably arrange some hosting there ...
thanks for the tip, but it's not a hosting question (i have a personal website and a label website); anyway, i'll make them available again in the future when time permits. thanks. andrew

shamann wrote:Hey Andrew,

Quite like some of these (I'm bad, I should have kept score on track names), up to your usual standards.

I'd never seen Phoniq before, is that NAW running it?
Thanks. Glad you're enjoying. Phoniq is run by a collective (5 or 7 people, can't remember the exact #) of which NAW is one of 'em. Andrew

Return to “Music Cafe”