Pissed Off!!!!!!!

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Basically I was given a couple of hours to do "50 MINUTES" of African music (better explanation on audio shots) by the time I'd written this, it was too late..and they didn't even listen to the track! :cry:

http://audioshots.com/auditorium/viewtopic.php?t=1560

Now you may not want to hear this right now, but the one pleasure you should take from that situation is that you ended up creating a piece of music that you would otherwise not have composed... Not only that , you created a piece of music that other people have really enjoyed (including me) with a great atmosphere... Should anyone require something along those lines again, you have it ready and waiting..

Trouble is with Visual people, Music is normally at the back of their minds, and deadlines are much more strict in thier industry due to the money involved in editing , or the clients screaming blue murder when it gets close to delivery dates.... unfortunate though the situation is, the only thing your editor is guilty of is not planning ahead well at all... 50 mins is a lot to expect off the shelf, but they do know when they get in a hole, they will find the music somewhere....

At the end of the day, they've missed out on a great piece of music, you have a quality new composition , and probably the respect of the editor that you even tried to present something new on such an impossible deadline... It might upset you that they did'nt listen to it, but if I'd just done a marathon editing session to meet a nasty deadline, the last thing I'd want to do was listen to a piece of music that could be potentially miles better than the one I'd sync'd , as it would depress the hell out of me

That's got to be the biggest dose of wisdom I've ever had thrown at me on the net. :o Thank you Obi Wan. Not just for your extremely touching compliment but also for reminding me that this is a mad industry for us all. I shall temper my temper from now on and , once again, thanks! I'm off to clean up that track now as I really did it in too much of a hurry and you've got me all proud and prescious about it.

:D their loss is our gain. a really beautiful piece. hope this is a rare occurence in the future, the story behind it i mean, not the music! sound words from brightonrocks.

regards

Thanks knockman. No I hope it doesn't happen too often either but hopefully I'll be more understanding if it does. I'm going to play with my Indian samples now. You never know when someone might ring up needing it!

Hello proletkult,

B*R*A*V*O!

I must confess that I got a bit worried when the bass riff from Headhunters started at 7:01, but you took it into a completely new realm.

This track is a complete success!

Cheers,

KHC

Many thanks KHC. :oops:

KHC wrote:Hello proletkult,

B*R*A*V*O!

I must confess that I got a bit worried when the bass riff from Headhunters started at 7:01, but you took it into a completely new realm.

This track is a complete success!

Cheers,

KHC
You mean Headhunters the video game? ...I'll be mailing Richard Jacques that you nicked his bass line. Only joking LOL.

arrakeen wrote:
You mean Headhunters the video game? ...I'll be mailing Richard Jacques that you nicked his bass line. Only joking LOL.
Actually its not quite Mr. Hancock's bass line either. I changed two notes to make it even simpler to play on bass. Not that Herbie's lawyer would care! :lol:

Wow

This is a big project that must have taken up much of your time.
Certainly gives me the african feel when I listens to this. The build up in the beginning somehow reminds me of Vangelis. What can I say besides, excellent track!!! :-o

Thank you very much Ketillien, I'm flattered. :) But I must be honest and say I did it in a real rush over a few hours(though I've cleaned it up since).

Return to “Music Cafe”