Musers Concert

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all

This sunday a bunch of us musers are getting together for a fair in Burlingame , CA ( near SF)USA for an all out jam . We have NEVER played together, so should be fun.

So here's what's happening:

Washington Elementary School
801 Howard Avenue
Burlingame

Roles:

Farhan: Keys, RMX drums / percussion
Mark: Fretless Bass, percussion, keys
Tim: Synth craziness
Torin: Drone texture king
Rick: Guitar noises

I have been setting up my Receptor with lots of custom patches to access from the front panel. My own rig is a receptor, an EMU MP7 and a small MIDI controller, and thats it! Thats all I need! The MP7 also has an on-board sequencer and I can control the mix of the receptor from its 16 knobs as well.I got lots of ARP stuff and splits, M42 RYMS, MiniMoogVA and Zero Vector leads as well as WS pads and EVE one set up.

Torin is bringing a Virus and possibly an Eventide Eclipse ( his new toy)and will be doing the bubbly atmo stuff ala Ozric style.

Rick will be doing the weird guitar stuff, perhaps joined by myself.

But its suppose to be a reinassance fair, so I have Nusoftings Harptime all primed up on Receptor and mellotron Flutes via Dash Signatures new Mellotronix sound set for EVE.

There will be three Receptors there I believe, so should be good!

Should be fun for all, so if any of you live in the bay area, please come and have a listen. We would love to see you guys!

We will start playing by 11:00 or so, and just keep going 'till the afternoon.( or whenever we get tired )

TC

BUMB

But mostly just curious

any Kvr-ists in the bay area here??

TC

there are several KvR members in the Bay Area , that i am aware of ...

nyah is close by , and his lady is at the fair this weekend , iirc ...

i hope you are planning to record some of this ...

good luck ...

Yeah..someone is bringing a camcorder, so we will get video and sound. Should be interesting. Although we have never played together, I have a feeling it will chime just fine.

TC

Ummmmm .... how about a live simulcast?? Does the school have broadband? Anybody gonna bring a laptop?

So..... how was it?

Damn should have moved to CA years ago when I had the chance, just to see the p[atch King in live action. 8)

It was GREAT. It was a real pleasure playing with the musers. ( I guess I consider myself one, although not officially)We all listened well and we had a lot of magic going on. If we wanted to change a key, I'd just say."going to E" and we would all change on the beat.better then a Grateful Dead concert :-)

heres a pic:

I'm in the blue playing the Bisclaglia guitar.My rig is behind me with a MP7 atop my receptor and a small Music Star MIDI controller. It was real funny to hear these enormous sounds coming from that little keyboard. They would ask.."wow"..what was that?..and I'd say Wusik Station, Or EVE. :-)However M42 Nebula had a great workout as we did a few things with the M42 Totem RYMS going.

Rick is playing acoustic, but also he got RMX going on recepteptor. He had an interesting Guitar rig.( actually...the plugin too!!).a new MIDI pickup playing plugs on receptor while the acoustic signal came thru.

Torin is in the back playing a Virus thru a Evintide Eclipse. Bells, swirly bubbels ozric style and effects came from him. It was his first "public" experience, and he did well. Added that "other deminsion" to it.

Mark played a unique freetless bas ( see pic) which had the coolest sounds, especially when bowed. He also had a regular electric bass, assorted percussions and really added spice to the mix..er..band.

Farhan is seen on the right playing a Korg Triton atop a receptor. Sometimes I would hear furuous arpeggios and wonderful piano as well as Cello and string sounds, and sometimes a funky clav sound. Really added to it.

However it was VERY Windy and that added to the overall confusion :-) er..sound effects.

We got a few people standing around us, but we were just doing the background stuff while the fair was going on. It was a lot of fun. We camcorded it, but have to see how it turned out, as it was windy which will give white noise effects on the sound track :-)

TC

tconrardy wrote:...We camcorded it, but have to see how it turned out, as it was windy which will give white noise effects on the sound track
No problem, just substitute the direct digital audio recording for the camcorder recording . . . you did record all this live in a DAT or PC didn't you :-o

emdot_ambient wrote:
tconrardy wrote:...We camcorded it, but have to see how it turned out, as it was windy which will give white noise effects on the sound track
No problem, just substitute the direct digital audio recording for the camcorder recording . . . you did record all this live in a DAT or PC didn't you :-o
oppps...nope. Just the camcorder. But just got a report that theres some good stuff on it, so we will see.

WE might even form a band from this union, as we seem to chime in pretty good. That will be fun!

TC

Return to “Music Cafe”