My Funky Track ;) --> Funky Dream

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hi all ,

Here my new track : Funky Dream ;)
link : http://membres.lycos.fr/epsylonee

Good listenning :)

Epsilon

funky indeed!!

:D

epsilon wrote:hi all ,

Here my new track : Funky Dream ;)
link : http://membres.lycos.fr/epsylonee

Good listenning :)

Epsilon
Yeah. Sounds kinda funky! Samples only?
WinXP * CubaseSX3 * Intel Core2Duo6800 * 2GB RAM * M-Audio 24/96

Thanks all :)
no samples only

anothers comments please for this funky track?

Epsilon

funkin' great!

Ok, I don't understand the previous posts.......are they samples? Which are they if so?

see ya........ 8)

thanks for your comments man :)
Others comments please?

Epsilon

sounds like all samples? no?
If it sounds good it is good.

Hi Epsilon.
This is indeed a funky track. And one of my fav's at the moment a real pleasure to listen to.

Long Rant******************************
Samples: Hmmmmm. Be clear. Too many people have asked and at this point it's probably worth telling.

I use up between 70-100% samples all the time (don't know the exact ratio but who cares?). The skill obviously is to make the track your own and unique. I would guess you have managed this.

If I were writing Ambient or Film-scapes, Trance or Techno etc, I would NOT use samples there would be no need to (thats why modern dance music became so popular). The drums, bass, melodies etc can all be done by a competant keyboard player with the right sounds.

But when your delving into funk territory, unless you are a funky guitarist and a funky bass player and a..... then samples far outmatch a vsti played on a keyboard or input via mouse.
Which means (more than likely but not necessarily) musicians-musicians will somewhat look down on a tune composed entirely of samples.

Either way sharing your techniques is important and what this forum is all about. (I think)

End of Rant***note if anybody wants to disagree with my rant please Pm or sumthin and don't hijack this guys thread *********

So on we go.....

The tune is short. Again a good idea. All of the elements that you wish to convey are present and coherant. This makes it easier to review. (ie not having to download and listen to a seven minute piece only to find out its not exactly finished yet and what was present in the tune could easily have been presented in 2-3 minutes).
Which means I assume the fade-in and out would not be present in the final mix and that it will be longer.

Does the bass change volume or intensity at times maybe something to do with compression?

Are the crashes too loud and sharp on at least one occasion?

Somebody else reading this thread might confirm these. I have a basic speaker setup and am NOT an accomplished engineer/producer.

For me the individual instruments blend well together and does not have the loopy feel that many sampled based tunes suffer from (probably including mine) this is what gives the tune it's groove.

Finally. Purely personal here, but I'd like to hear a vocal or some groovy fx to modernise the tune.

The world needs more funk.

Good work and am looking forward to hearing more.

Return to “Music Cafe”