More 5/4

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello there peeps, back once more with a second offering in my favourite time signature... :)

Since my previous track that I posted here got such a nice and very constructive reception...
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=73832
...I was wondering if there was any more helpful advice to be gleaned from everyone knowledgeable on these forums :wink:

Still haven't got round to making any new stuff on my new PC (since the old one got nicked) so this was made just before it was stolen.

Head over to www.oliverdavy.com and go to the audio section. The track is called "I Can Hear Her".

I've used the mda ThruZero flanger a bit on this track, as well as some Nyquist 5-band graphic EQS, the 'greengate', camelphatfree, 'chrissy' by zen soundcheck audio, and the ubiquitous Skidder from dfx, which has to be the best plug in the world has ever seen IMHO. 8)

If anyone would care to comment on this track I'd be very grateful. Thankyou and you all rock.
"Have you been living under a rock bro?
Guys with puppets get CHICKS!"

8) i like your track. its very good. the drums sound nice in 5/4. vocals sound right on. guitar effects are cool.

if anybody wants the direct link here it is:
http://www.3marleenavenue.pwp.blueyonde ... cch192.mp3
jeremywentworth.com - music and software

Brilliant track! Keep up the good work. I love that time signature too..

Thanks guys... yes, sorry for not posting the direct link, thanks RattleStiX :oops:

Glad there's some love for 5/4 round 'ere :D

odavy wrote:Thanks guys... yes, sorry for not posting the direct link, thanks RattleStiX :oops:

Glad there's some love for 5/4 round 'ere :D
I thought the lazy people should listen to this track too. :D
jeremywentworth.com - music and software

Marvellous... a champion of the lazy people...

The last person who heard this track (a panel of A&R people at a small local music convention) said the vocals were mixed too quietly in places. I tried to bring them out with EQ originally, but maybe I got it a bit wrong. Any thoughts on this specifically? It seems to be a recurring feature of my mixes that the vocals sound perfectly loud on my speakers, but on everyone else's they reportedly sound a bit lost :?

Enjoyed this track. Guitar during first few bars reminiscent of Durutti Column (probably the echoes and the time sig). Nice vocals... shades of Jeff Buckley there. Good stuff. 8)

Psyclapse wrote:Nice vocals... shades of Jeff Buckley there.
Cripes, thanks for that. An honour indeed. Glad you like it!

This is one of the best songs I've had the pleasure to enjoy from KVR members. (And You'd Be Good for Me is even better!)
Well - done. Really spooky and ethereal. Another 5/4 junkie here, although I've yet to use it myself. Effing A.

I like odd meters too...

Top song! The vocals sound right to me, but then again I usually get the same criticism ("vocals aren't loud enough")...

Nice guitar, lovely drums, nice synth.

I like the outro.

EDIT - oops, I listened to "You Be Good For Me" :-o

And now for "I Can Hear Her": another top song!

Beautiful guitar, good vocals (again, loud enough for me) top drums... I like the synth too.

Great work!

cptgone wrote: EDIT - oops, I listened to "You Be Good For Me" :-o
JeffSanders wrote: (And You'd Be Good for Me is even better!)
Bugger, seems like I should have posted the other track again :hihi:

Thanks for your thoughts guys... p.s. my 50th post :party:

How many do I have to post before I get to become 'KVRAF' ? :hihi:

odavy wrote:How many do I have to post before I get to become 'KVRAF' ?
only 1450 - if you post faster than Ben archives 'em that is ;)

Right... I'd better go and start a pointless argument with someone to get my count up then :hihi:

I'll try and upload another track onto my site before long; it'll probably be another track in 5/4 like the two on there at the moment, but I might try something NEW nad RADICAL and do something in 4/4. But I promise; no curnk or tarnce.

Peace out 8)

First time I download a song from a KVR member which Im planning to actually keep and listen to on my MP3 player (if thats ok with you?).

Oliver Davy, I like those 2 songs, thank you.
Ok, my signature picture was too big, out of protest, this is the non-picture version of my signature

Return to “Music Cafe”