New rock track I'm finishing up...maybe kind of a 80's vibe.

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

whyterabbyt wrote:I'm so glad. No, really.
Its the end of my day and dead tired - so for the best ;)

Best regards,

Spe3d

:O)

Spe3D wrote:;)
right back atcha...;)

Bake wrote:
Spe3D wrote:;)
right back atcha...;)
Check your PM ;)

Best regards,

Spe3d

:O)

I didnt get no PM

<sniff>
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote:I didnt get no PM

<sniff>
:P

I just wasted the...i don't know, five minutes?...reading this thread. Bake, did you even in your wildest dreams think that posting your 80's style song would spark such an eruption of horseshit? That's the shame about those five minutes, though.

You never get them back. :shock:
"Your petty insults are of no consequence." --Jp22
Songs

fjell_strom wrote:I just wasted the...i don't know, five minutes?...reading this thread. Bake, did you even in your wildest dreams think that posting your 80's style song would spark such an eruption of horseshit? That's the shame about those five minutes, though.

You never get them back. :shock:
:lol:

If only these 3 pages were filled with glorious comments about the brilliance of my Sisters of Mercy knock off...

forgot to mention...

to the person who was interested, this Sisters knock off features former Frank Zappa bassist Scott Thunes on the bass...

The best part is - I still haven't heard the song!
Songs

fjell_strom wrote:The best part is - I still haven't heard the song!
OMFG!!@!@!@!!!

HOW LONG WILL YOU BE ABLE TO HOLD OUT????

:lol:

I don't know. I think I'm nearing the breaking point...
Songs

is there any music to hear in this thread?

TrekStar wrote:is there any music to hear in this thread?
Naw... this thread bites ass. :x

But damnit I wanted to hear some music, so I listened to all of fjell_strom stuff instead.

Fjell songs are pretty nice. They don't sound complete though. By that I mean, I'll hear a section and really start feeling it, getting excited about it and then it sorta shifts differently than I would hope. The articulation and timing of the vocals seem to have a weird, fit them in anyway you can, sorta vibe, that sometimes seems a little off balance (sorta like a rap that's missin' it's groove). But I do think it has a lot of potential, and I got really hyped up about a few things, but it just didn't have the follow through or something. There were a lot of really good moments throughout though. Anyway, that's just my opinion, I know you didn't ask for it, but you got it anyway.

the link is in the initial post.

:(

toine6 wrote:
Naw... this thread bites ass. :x

But damnit I wanted to hear some music, so I listened to all of fjell_strom stuff instead.

Fjell songs are pretty nice. They don't sound complete though. By that I mean, I'll hear a section and really start feeling it, getting excited about it and then it sorta shifts differently than I would hope. The articulation and timing of the vocals seem to have a weird, fit them in anyway you can, sorta vibe, that sometimes seems a little off balance (sorta like a rap that's missin' it's groove). But I do think it has a lot of potential, and I got really hyped up about a few things, but it just didn't have the follow through or something. There were a lot of really good moments throughout though. Anyway, that's just my opinion, I know you didn't ask for it, but you got it anyway.
toine6, just want to say, I thank you for this post very much so. I am glad, of course, to get the praise and thumbs up - but glad as well to get a useful bit of criticism. I can really follow the notion you spelled out about the tunes being somehow incomplete. It is very good to know that even something about the music, though, got you a bit excited. I feel as though I half-ass a lot of things, and I think this has the end result of sounding somehow unfulfilling. With the vocals you couldn't be more right. It is the result of two things: first, my natural timing for vocals is poor and I often cut in too early with phrases...like when a rapper misses his groove. Secondly, my lyric writing technique is thus - I browse my journal for sentences which sound interesting, regardless of rhyme, meter, length, or whether they have anything to do with one another. This is an experimental approach I have been trying with mixed results. I think it makes a lot of promises but follows through on few of them.

Anyhow, I'm very glad you posted because I'll continue thinking about it and I wager to say it will affect the music to come. Thank you.

Dustin

Bake, sorry to have highjacked the post, but it had already pretty much gone tits up, hadn't it? :hihi:
Songs

Return to “Music Cafe”