[poptastic] Schrully - Not forever

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

heya.... as posted in the fxpansion forum here's a work-in-progress version with me on the lead vox and schroeng on the backing vox....

well they are not really backing vox - we simply took each take unedited and rendered the whole song.... it sounds pretty funny....

but now I seem to be the backing vocal :cry:

Schrully Core - Not Forever

have fun
mully (& schroeng)
Last edited by multree on Tue Jun 07, 2005 1:08 am, edited 3 times in total.

Drums are BFD (handprogrammed by me) the rest is real instruments

and a "more mully" version

http://comply.de/mully/Mully-ForeverNot.mp3

still not done but this one's sounding pretty good
Last edited by multree on Tue Jun 07, 2005 2:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Slick-tastic. The vocals only falter occasionally, but nothing you couldn't handle when they give you a major lable record contract. ;)

Greg

well nothing I couldn't handle right now....(though a record deal would help) well the backing vox need some editing.... do the lead vox need some, too????

thanks
mullster

It's just a volume thing. They seem to dip out from time to time, as if you've moved too far away from the mic capsule for a brief moment. Maybe some vocal compression?

Greg

they're already pretty compressed..... anyway I'll keep working since this was only a rough mix and not the final editing

thanks ;)

gonna rest for a while now and finish the track in about a week....

any comments what I should change are very welcome

Nice track Mully! Can't give much constructive criticism, but the vocals sound almost chorussed at a couple of points, and perhaps a bit far back?

nice tune though

Jim

yeah the vocals are a bit too verby and some backing vocs could be reduced.... I agree....

thanks for listening

I think you'd enjoy certain tracks by Matthew Good. "Strange Days" comes to mind.

Much prefer the Mully version - much better than the rather over-the-top choir version :P

It's a great track, which needs a bit of tweaking with the vox, as everyone said above, but it all pulls together really well. I think it would get a HUGE lift from opening up the track a little - something that you're no doubt gonna fix or alter in a later version- what I'm trying to say is that I would have liked a little more depth in the mix, it still sounds a little brittle to me - backbone it with some bass perhaps?
I could never get this melodic, you know Mully.
It really has potential. Keep on!

Return to “Music Cafe”