Middle Eastern orchestralesque fun!

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

http://www.soundclick.com/util/streamM3 ... 07537&q=Hi

A little something I recently finished, I was going for a cinematic, evocative feel. Or something.

Clicking on the link will probably take you to Soundclick, so you might have to copy and paste it in your browser window. I'll probably update this post with a direct download link later.

Comments, feedback, blah blah blah.

EDIT: A direct download link for you lazy bastards

Right-click to download
Last edited by Arglebargle on Sat Jun 11, 2005 4:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Very nice! I like the whole thing - composition, production. Did you use ST2 for all of this? If so its the best ST2 demo I've ever heard. Reminds me very much of this game I've been playing on xbox, Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy. Pretty much a average Zelda-clone, but the music is very similar to this one.

I see you are into game music alot.. Myself as well. I see you've done some Chrono Trigger and Megaman inspired stuff - I'll check that out for sure when I have a few more minutes. Cheers!

Yep, I used ST2 and a few OmniSynth instruments (french horn, glockenspiel, sitar, oboe). I thought I'd totally forget about OmniSynth once I got ST2, but surprisingly it has some gems that I frequently use.

top tune dude. Thumps up. Only complaints is that your sounds are lacking a bit every now and then particularly the horn (a bit synthy) and piano (a bit thin). But otherwise the composition is great. On 3rd listen now 8)

Thanks man, I try to do the best with what I have, but my samples aren't exactly UBERGIGAOMFG quality. :D

I'm always trying to better my production techniques, though.

Added a direct download link.

Very cool!

This track of yours has a nice build and really takes advantage of how exotic sounds can feel right at home alongside the traditional orchestral ideas. I'm impressed by it.

I'm working on a similarly themed track myself for the KVR contest. Hopefully I'll hit the mark like you have here.

Arglebargle wrote:Yep, I used ST2 and a few OmniSynth instruments (french horn, glockenspiel, sitar, oboe). I thought I'd totally forget about OmniSynth once I got ST2, but surprisingly it has some gems that I frequently use.
Yes it does have some gems, I like it's acoustic guitar, for example.

Very nice tune, Arglebargle. Reminds me of the tune titled "I want brown eyed girls" that I never finished.

I'm missing the lower orchestral instruments, too little bass, I think.

What Sequencer are you using, btw?

tele
Last edited by telebunke on Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Listen to me at soundcklick:
www.soundclick.com/wewritesongs

double post
Last edited by telebunke on Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Listen to me at soundcklick:
www.soundclick.com/wewritesongs

lolz dubl poast

Seriously though, I use Sonar 3. I like it quite a bit, except for the times it inexplicably crashes. But those are very rare, so whatever. Thanks for the comments.

Shane Sanders - Thanks, and PM me when you finish your tune, man, and I'll definitely give it a listen. One can never have too many Arabic fusion songs.

Fantastic,top tune,especially considering you only used sampletank
The above "words" are the ramblings of a depraved megalomaniac.Any similarity to normal communication is a hallucination on the part of the reader.Replying to this post will result in your family and posessions becoming the property of funkynuts.

I like it. Good job.
http://www.retouchpro.com - The world's largest photo retouching community

Superbly done stuff Favorite so far is "Sojourn" You've done really cool music with these sounds
Sod the world!

You guys are all awesome.

Return to “Music Cafe”