Need music for a short abstract/experimental animation...

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Hi, I finished a short abstract animation a while back and I know I need sound design for it. I tried doing stuff in some crappy demo applications but it's just not coming together. I was wondering if anyone here would want to give it a shot?

I'm not sure of the best way to go about it. Perhaps if you can email me at eho_28@yahoo.com (mailto:eho_28@yahoo.com) if you are interested?

It is very intricate and detailed animation (many geometric shapes and forms). I have a general sense of what I want certain parts to sound like, but I am open to suggestions/interpretation for the sound. It is approximately 4 minutes long.

I am trying to raise the funds for a stipend, but the bigger thing at hand is that I will be entering it in festivals around the world and hopefully with success there will be alot of recognition for both of us.

Thanks.

-eho
(eho_28@yahoo.com (mailto:eho_28@yahoo.com))

I'm up for it. You can checkout some of my music here:

http://audioshots.com/auditorium/viewtopic.php?t=1436
My Youtube Channel - Wires Dream Disasters :: My Band - Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster
Product owner working for inMusic Brands - posting here in a personal capacity, but I will assist with any BFD related questions - hit me up!

I don't know about the copyright issue, but if you displayed it here, or portions of it : even storyboards, you could create an informal contest. I imagine you might get 6+ submissions to choose from instead of saddling yourself with someone sight-unseen.
Maybe anyways?
..what goes around comes around..

check our music here:
http://arhiva7.xro.us/netlabel/releases/arh008.htm
if you like it - contact me by private mail:
higaru@gmail.com

thanks.

ouroboros wrote:I don't know about the copyright issue, but if you displayed it here, or portions of it : even storyboards, you could create an informal contest. I imagine you might get 6+ submissions to choose from instead of saddling yourself with someone sight-unseen.
Maybe anyways?
Great idea! :D

Miro wrote:
ouroboros wrote:I don't know about the copyright issue, but if you displayed it here, or portions of it : even storyboards, you could create an informal contest. I imagine you might get 6+ submissions to choose from instead of saddling yourself with someone sight-unseen.
Maybe anyways?
Great idea! :D
I agree. M'kay, motion carried.

It would be nice to know at least what you have in mind . . . abstract sounds that sync with the animation, backgroune pieces mirror the animation's ambience (or contrast with it). Noisy or melodic? There are so many ways of approaching it.

I'd be interested in discussing this more.

I think most people on here would love to have a go at this type of thing... I did some sound effects for a computer game that never got made once. It was great working to a design brief rather than free-forming for a change.

I'd be well up for this. Check out the audio section of www.oliverdavy.com to get a vague idea.
"Have you been living under a rock bro?
Guys with puppets get CHICKS!"

Return to “Music Cafe”