The bummer about AcidPlanet

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So I just remixed the new contest that AcidPlanet has going right now and I think my song rocks more than any other song there (grin). But I just read how they calculate the chart. Seems to me that its all about how many reviews you leave and in return you get from those people. It would be nice to be judged on your music and not on how much ass you can kiss. Anybody else feel like this??? :x :x :?

Just a quick rant....ok I feel better now ;-))

Ohh and if anyone wants to listen/rate my song, I'm under "DJ GUIDO" in the "filo and peri" contest

Im not a big fan of the popularity contest method myself...but in their favor the bands dont really have time to listen to every remix that is submitted either. There has to be some way to narrow down the lot. I stopped submitting them myself...Im not big on leaving feedback unless I think its worthy...so I never got much myself. I figure its easier just to make music for myself that I can give away...and not waist my time remixing songs that I cant redestribute...but thats just me ;)
"I'm not here for your cold roast chicken, I'm here for your love."
-Vanna White, Goddess of Love

I usually avoid the contests because I suck at remixing...but when they have contests that allow original entries(the Electro-Noel contest for example)..I have posted and received more listens than when I post non-contest songs.The review equals review game sucks but it's the only way to succeed there.I have posted over 160 songs since 2001 and I don't play the game anymore...I make the music for me and I post it..if someone likes it cool..if not..oh well. :hihi:

Return to “Music Cafe”