OneTarnceOnly: Live, Improvisational Electronic Music

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Recorded last Sunday, June 5th @ Western Washington University (Bellingham, WA):

OneTarnceOnly (Does It Sound Like A Virus?)

Host: FL Studio (Sequencing, Beats, & Vocal Chops)
Additional Plugs: Sun Ra, e-phonic's Invader & Retro Delay, as well as 2 instances of Wheel Of Fortune II

Enjoy!

ATA

B...b...b...b...ump!

ATA

hey great d and b production and really cool changes like from 2.30 and other places but something hanging underneath would I reckon sound even better,sort of anticipating the change,leading you into it and dropping you out of it.Sun ra is a way cool plugin so says I.I am a dancer and if you had a regular kick drum or toms going thru that period at 6.30 and similar,I would be into it mate.

Thanks, once again this was straight improvised on the night on stage, so the finer points of structure and composition I couldn't do with just myself behind the computer.

ATA

hehe who needs structure? :shrug:
some cool sounds in and out of this,congrats and respect for puttin it out there live 8)

sorry,again I think this is very impressive straight up ,how many?,4 on the floor vsti stuff.

listened again,and how do you make it speed up around 2.30.....just curious.

fateamenabletochange wrote:listened again,and how do you make it speed up around 2.30.....just curious.
FL Studio allows for mapping of tempo to a MIDI controller, in this case the Y-Axis of a joystick. In addition, I mapped all of the synths' various speed parameters to the joystick as well, and made sure that snyc was engaged for both instances of WOF II. That way, when I moved the controller up, the speed was increased likewise for all of the devices (and host), all the while remaining in sync with one another.

Some other hosts (Project 5 v.2 and Ableton Live) allow the same kind of mapping of tempo to a MIDI controller, so it's worth trying out if you're into doing live tempo shifts on the fly.

ATA

thanks sfro....I have an aweful lot to learn

So cool to be, like, walking through your college campus and hearing this kind of thing going down! :)

The tempo change is way cool & something a lot of people don't think of (like me :hihi: )

Such a great mix for live work, yeah?
Bravo!

Return to “Music Cafe”