Iamnasty International! (weird electric pop)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

great stuff, fantastic singer, funky music, not bad sounding (also you could definately improve on the site of mixing/mastering etc).

oh and ... playgirls definately is my favourite :)

Thank for the lovely tips. i don't consider myself an audio engineer (i'm more of a guy that has ideias and likes to make noises and blips). I've steped down from that chair a couple years ago when i got to the conclusion i wasnt very objective. Anyway, a friend of mine - who is, by far, one of the best audio enginners i ever heard - is going to actually mix this at some point, but i'll give a try on these advices (i'm always keen to learn).
In fact, for my taste, these songs aren't exciting and edgy enough, but i can't mix them properly...
it's strange, at the beginning, the song was just a intro/joke for the album, but developed into a complete track... uhhhh... mixed fellings!
thanks
egarrard wrote:"On The Radio" is by far my favorite. Very commercial feel to it. It needs a slight remix though.

- A bit more weight is needed to the bass throughout. It's not a matter of level, but of texture. Hit me in the chest with it.
- The high frequency stuff gets a little cutting too in points (:50 to 1:21 in particular). It could be brought back some.
- The background vocals are getting a little buried from 2:12 to 2:20.
- Other than the bass weakness, it sounds great from 2:28 on out.
- One thing that kept bothering me a little was that the vocal sound was a little monotonous. You might consider adding a tenor or a baritone voice to the mix on the choruses ("On the Radio").

These are just minor quibbles. Overall, I think you have a track that really could be "On The Radio"!
Last edited by casiotone on Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hi.
i have a pop shield, but i normally don't pay too much attention to ps and bs cause they don't bother me. (i also don't pay attention to tunning problems!)... i'm too lazy. but thanks for pointing that out.

edit: thanks, but i've made a new version of chain reaction (cabaret mess meets hysterical synth-galore <- whatever that means). I'll uploaded when it's done.
cheers
Eric Bourne wrote:I think you need a pop-screen for your mic. The vocals are popping on all the p's and b's. Besides that, cool stuff.

Edit: "Chain Reaction" is fantastic. I like the rock edge.

thanks, and see 2 posts above... but you'r right!

luCiPHer wrote:great stuff, fantastic singer, funky music, not bad sounding (also you could definately improve on the site of mixing/mastering etc).

oh and ... playgirls definately is my favourite :)

I Loved every second of "On the Radio"... from beginning to end. Very catchy. I could see this being some potential competition for Beck. I agree that the low's and hi's are a little too far in the background. Was that from compressing it for the web?
The other two songs I didnt really get into as much. but thats just my personal taste, because they sounded very well put together.

Return to “Music Cafe”