Tijuana Jailhouse Rock

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Nicely oystered, sir.

Great work here. I would never choose to listen to this type of song unless I respected the artist, which of course in this case I do :) You've got great production sense and compositional, arranging skills. Listening to your songs is always instructive in some way.

I really like the way you've springboarded from a rather irritating argument. Instead of things degenerating into an all out flame war, you find inspiration from the misunderstanding and use it as creative inspiration. That's pretty 8) in itself.

Plus it is a catchy tune, even if it ain't what I listen to. :hihi:

Great track You. Missed out on all the stupid stuff that led to this. Martyrdom has a way of impinging on one's sense of humility. I wouldn't worry much.

I enjoyed it a lot as usual and great lyrics. :)

You™ wrote: I wasn't aware of the "k-v-r hi-hat disease." Do you think it's contagious? I don't want to kill all the shakers, because I really like the rhythm.
Not aware of it? :-o Loads of tracks have the hi-hats waay to loud like the drummers tapping away at the snare in some soft jaath stylee whilst smacking shit out of the hi-hats like John Bonham, usually through some horrible reverb without any high cut so its 'tsssssssss'. :x shakers and stuff are fine, they just need to go down a bit for my taste.

Thank you all so much for your feedback.

@ shamann: My baby is a little more than three months old now and we've been using some of your ambient drones to calm him when he gets fussy - or sooth him sleep. Lately he seems to respond better to organized sound (patterns) than pure noise but he hasn't developed a taste for real music yet. Marketing opportunity: Don't know if you are familiar with the dunious "Baby Einstein" series, you could make "Baby SIGHUP." Hey, even Raymond Scott had a "Music for Babies" album.

@ Donkey: I think I know what you mean. I have another song... A really light pop happy song which I was trying to complete for posting on the first day of summer, but I have to rework the drums. They're just too damn busy and weird. I think part of it is that so much of the music I do starts off as instrumental jams. When I add lyrics, I have to remember to subtract from or simplify competing instruments in the mix. If there's any KvR disease to worry about, I think its a Virus™. ;)

You™ wrote:@ shamann: My baby is a little more than three months old now and we've been using some of your ambient drones to calm him when he gets fussy - or sooth him sleep. Lately he seems to respond better to organized sound (patterns) than pure noise but he hasn't developed a taste for real music yet. Marketing opportunity: Don't know if you are familiar with the dunious "Baby Einstein" series, you could make "Baby SIGHUP." Hey, even Raymond Scott had a "Music for Babies" album.
:lol:

Happened to do a search and came across this. I think I missed it the first time you posted. That's a great idea, Baby SIGHUP could have a big future.

Funny enough, for about six months when he was a baby, my son went to sleep to 75 minutes of this, which was something I whipped up with noise, an oscillator and lots of filters after we noticed the one night we ran a humidifier was the best night's sleep he had ever had.

Cheers,
Steve

Great tune, YOU tm. Somebody mentioned Dylan - 60's; And I heard a bit of Lou Reed's spoken/whispered lyrics. Also, it seemed like a well done collage-of-many-styles. Very well done.

I tended to agree about the vocals - trimming a little low range and boosting the highs (just) a little would help make them more understandable. There's a lot going on (instrument wise) in the low range of your voice.

What are you doing on guitars? 12 String acoustic? Plus electrics - how are you doing electrics. Micing amps or DI box and vst effects? Just curious, cause I just bought a used Epiphone Les Paul to fix-up and play.

Great song, and overall a terrific vibe and aliveness. :D :D
RogerPerrin

I'm up to my old hat tricks again.

Whoa! Blast from the past... :) There are a couple guitars - one was a Ovation electric/acoustic roundbody and the other was a Gibson "The Paul" through some Digitech combo stomp box. Both were recorded direct. I don't make enough money to get a decent Class-A preamp. :wink:

Thank you all so much for the advice about the vocals. I will eventually see about that.

@ shamann: baby has now moved on to "Music for Airports." Oh I wish I could afford to nap in his nursery every day...

I like the piece you linked. Do you mind if I incorporate some of your stuff in my mixes on EMC radio?

Return to “Music Cafe”