(indie rock) garret brings the rock

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Here's a tune I just did for a mix contest at prosoundweb where someone provided a (tasty) drum track and asked people to write a tune around it. Ended up being a lot of fun, and encouraged me to get off the computer and start meeting some real life humans, in search of a drummer to take my stuff to the next level. I'll keep ya posted on that front. :)

Here's the tune, hope ya enjoy...

Your Fortune

-Garret

garret this is fantastic... I really like it.... the drums really gave you a different spin.....

though you don't sound like Notwist anymore :? but now I hear some radish in the break part

really like it.... wish I could be that indie... but I always turn out to be pop

cheers,
mully

rock on my friend! :)

Garrett...

Ive been KVRing a while, but I am new to the cafe board. Id have to say, im pretty amazed at this song...It has very strong elements...Good job! I also dig your voice.

I dont know if you ever do any collaborating or anything, but I have a indy song ive pretty much completed, but would like a stronger vocalist than I. If your not intrested, thats quite alright, never hurts to ask though. The song is Here: http://www.soundclick.com/util/streamM3 ... 22175&q=Hi

If you could at least tell me what you think, that would rock too.

Good work man!

-Jeff

So you're saying that you were given the drum track only, and wrote the song around that?!?

MAN, that's great!!!

I like it, honestly!!! :)

very good indie rock track. 8)

Two thumbs up :)

this was, indeed, rather good.
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together...." -Carl Zwanzig

don't see enough of you around here , lately ...
how's the lad ?...

track is ++good ...
lurv the intonation , and delivery of the vocals ... outro especially effective ...

Glad you like :D it's odd, the tune is so different from my usual fare, I don't know if I like it. But it was a heck of a lot of fun to do, playing with lively drums, free tempo, etc...
will.record.for.food wrote:I dont know if you ever do any collaborating or anything
I'll have to take a pass... I'm the worst collaborator of all time, just ask Scuzzphut who has been waiting for something from me for three months. :-o :roll: But I'll give a listen to your tune when I get a chance...
TokyoTain wrote:So you're saying that you were given the drum track only, and wrote the song around that?!?
Yep... interesting to me is how well the free tempo thing worked out... the drummer didn't play to click, but I was able to make a tempo map so I could sequence the bass guitar... what's cool too is how different all the tunes sound.. you can hear them by following the link over to prosoundweb.com.
normal wrote:don't see enough of you around here , lately ...
how's the lad ?...
The lad is amazing... talking up a storm now, walking/running/jumping around like a monkey... he's a handful but so much fun.

-Garret

Thats quite alright...

Great stuff Garret. Love the feedbacky part. It doesn't sound too far astray your normal output too me. It's a keeper! If you have a chance, check out my folk-hop ditty...

BTW, Handsome kid, even though he kinda looks like you :wink:

[EDIT: I gave your name an extra "T"- oops! I know a couple Garretts who have the double "T" ending.]
Last edited by You™ on Fri Jun 17, 2005 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Make sure to visit Garret's signature and listen to his other well-crafted tunes.

They are all quite tasty.

-Scott

Return to “Music Cafe”