breakz track

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is the first time i post a track here. Please, take a listen. It's a progressive 6/4 breakz track. Hope, you'll like it. I'll leave it for some days on the server.

Any feedback welcome!

Download the track here!
Alpha Forever Modular
Web // Youtube // Facebook //
Instagram // Discord

nice. The time signature seemed a bit jarring at first but it soon settles into a groove and works really well (sometimes breaks style tunes in non 4/4 time have me thinking "where exactly does each bar start?", but not with this tune).

Arrangement is great - transitions between different sections are fluid, and everything seamlessly fits together to form a consistent whole even though there's a lot of variety between different sections.

Personally I'd to hear more melodic variety, but that's more a reflection of my opinion of the genre rather than a criticism of this particulr tune.

Quality of production is awesome - what software do you produce with?
contralogic | YouTube | Twitter | Google+

nice track. Good beats, needs a bassline though! I liked the transitions and stupidly wouldn't have really noticed the odd time signature. Personally think you could have made the track half the length as I got a bit bored halfway through. Nice atmosphere, good stuff overall :)

Great way yo make an entrance into the cafe, eh ?
LOL :-o :)
Lovely track and production, but a Chris says, could do with a little melody and Cypher points out there's a whole where a fat bass could fit...
Very nice though

Thanks for all the feedback.

Well... i'm not that fat bass guy... :oops: the length of the track could be around 3 minutes less if i would not make it DJ friendly. Because now the intro and the ending are compatible with other time signatures (with 2/4, wich is compatible with 4/4, but there's also an ending before the 2/4 ending, in 6/4... so i needed time to arrange this signatures and prepare the DJ and leave him enough time that a new signature will come in soon... (unlike in the Terminal Head - Weekend warrior Bedrock mix, where the time signature just changes 3 times in 5 minutes)

I'm glad you like it! :)

The whole thing was done on a 2.1 MHz Dothan laptop with the built in soundcard (sounds like shit) and an AKG K240 headphone.
Alpha Forever Modular
Instagram // Discord

just a little bump for this track. I've had this sat on my hard drive for weeks, wasn't sure whether to keep it or not, then I listened to it several times yesterday and again this morning. It's definitely a keeper, nice moody breaks and a great building atmosphere (it's still too long tho...:hihi:)

cool track :)

definately missing some low frequencies though. Possibly because you mix on headphones.

Would work well in a mix i think.

I'm glad, you like this track!

If you are interested, you can listen to 2 remixes here:

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?so ... 813&T=8364
Alpha Forever Modular
Instagram // Discord

Great tune mate, what sequencer/vst's are you using ? :D

Return to “Music Cafe”