Portishead style Broadway + LoFi + Sleek

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

excellent. i don't know the original, so i'm not really sure what part is yours (singing apart, i mean)

a bit too lo-fi for my taste, tho.
I did everything...horn programming and all...compositionally, it's pretty close to the original.
I'm with Wopelka, this would sound better in full glory (16bit), but the effect is very...er....effective.
Way stylistic mate! Did you 'vinylize' it?
i haven't heard this forever, as others mention above sounds better than recall, and the sound totally authentic! wish i could do that.
Yeah, it's weird. I've never really used FX in the master section, aside from mastering compressors, (usually just ye venerable loudness maximizer), but I wanted the "vinyl" sound on this one. (It's a recording of a memeory, after all)

...but it's really interesting how it turned out. (I mainly used camelphat free and Grungelizer on it.)

Using the compression/distortion over the entire track really makes the track breathe, like on the vocals, where the delay/verb is really prevalent, but only when nothing else is going on. Everything steps forward to fill whatever space occurs...I've never really had that sort of interaction between sounds before, but it's pretty awesome...makes me wonder how I can get the same effect on non-lofi tracks...
er...is that actually you singing?!
Yup.

-S.

Wow!
If you said you actually went back in time to a `50`s production studio to do this...i`d find it difficult to to contest that!

Singing/arrangment/guitar/drums all first rate!
It`s a keeper!
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

Fan and fun-tastic

Great production

holy crap man, that is really good- this song is spot on. production and programming is top notch.

Sleek Month wrote:
er...is that actually you singing?!
Yup.

-S.
wow. strong but controlled, yet articulate and "mobile".

:hail:

Yeah, the singing is stunning... Really seems to have captured the urgent energy of the piece... :cool:
Music with dinner is an insult both to the cook and the violinist.

superb... great vibe and great production.. amazing singing.

IMHO... To my taste it's slightly to much distortion / compression on the master bus.. and the bass is slightly too loud for the era ...

But screw all of that .. cause it still sounds excellant..:)

Ben

Kickass tune. Too much distortion. Singing fits it like a glove.

Impressed, I am :)

Regards,

JMH
Now available with added Inherently Suspect Justification!

SAP is officially in the sleek month fan club now...

Sleek Month wrote: But somehow, it stuck in my head for, oh, 30 years, (Which is funny, because as we all know, I'm only 29)
shit I hope not, this is pretty much stuck in my head now...

CypherOne wrote:
Sleek Month wrote: But somehow, it stuck in my head for, oh, 30 years, (Which is funny, because as we all know, I'm only 29)
Ditto... Can't stop whistling/humming it :o

definitely one of the coolest thing I have heard on KvR

I totally dig the production.

griels wrote:
CypherOne wrote:
Ditto... Can't stop whistling/humming it :o
I'm glad I don't have a tux or anything with velvet on, but I bet you have :hihi:

CypherOne wrote: I'm glad I don't have a tux or anything with velvet on, but I bet you have :hihi:
Shh, you'll summon Donks with his jaath club pic :o

Bring forth the Tugger!!!

Return to “Music Cafe”