hey, check this out [another singing request :hihi: ]

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm really excited right now cos I wrote a song that I can't believe I wrote it. It sounds very... normal, shall we say. It's a jazzy acoustic number [me+my squier strat] and still in a very 'rough demo' state but I think it's really good.

Here's the demo:

http://www.pualah.com/nightskyconfessional.mp3

So, Dave [well, he's in France right now but he'll come back], Remco, Donk, Garret, anyone who'd like to sing on this, let me know. The instrumentation will probably be the guitar, the vocal, an organ line and a synth [very spare], just to let you know. :D :D

The lyrics [which you may or may not understand due to my accent :hihi: ]

The moon is coming up

The moon is coming up

i see the tall palm trees

I feel the sweet night air

And somewhere in the dark

A wave hits on a beach

You know how much I care

You wouldn't even dare

The stars are coming up [x2]

I see the milky way

So bright and so away

And in a dusty room

A speck of dust turns white

You know how much I care [x2]

The sun is coming up [x2]

I feel the first sun ray

So bright from far away

And in my little room

I always think of you

You know how much i care [x2]

Last edited by TristezaOrange on Wed Jun 22, 2005 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

That's very sweet Tris. However I disagree with the instrumentation you propose. Maybe it's good idea to keep it low for the first verse but the second verse needs HUGE MEGADISTORTED GUITARS playing odd chords, lots of open hats, huge toms, overdriven bass lines and SCREAMING vocals ...

ooops sorry. Must be that QOTSA live saw the other day :D
If I go insane, please don't put your wires in my brain

Is this real? That chord sequence is out of the ark, the guitar sounds like it is being played with the guys pecker, the lyrics are the ramblings of a madman, and the "singing" is just f...g criminal.

Made my day though, I thought I was shite. :D
I'm Annie, and I AM your daddy ;-)

Garret's voice would suite this best.. It has that soft tone that I think this song would shine with...

I think you need to get a better recording backing track first though... there's lots of clicks.. and it doesn't flow well and doesn't stay in time very well.. But the chord sequence has a nice simplicity about it ... and the song definetely has potential... ;)

Ben

ancoats wrote:Is this real? That chord sequence is out of the ark, the guitar sounds like it is being played with the guys pecker, the lyrics are the ramblings of a madman, and the "singing" is just f...g criminal.

So anne.. when are we going to hear your music? (or have I missed it?)

Ben

Glooper wrote: and the song definetely has potential... ;)

Ben
I'm sorry but that is just patronising. :uhuhuh:

Glooper wrote:
ancoats wrote:Is this real? That chord sequence is out of the ark, the guitar sounds like it is being played with the guys pecker, the lyrics are the ramblings of a madman, and the "singing" is just f...g criminal.

So anne.. when are we going to hear your music? (or have I missed it?)

Ben

Let's just say that I'd rather keep my dignity. :hihi:

ancoats wrote:
It wasn't meant to be patronising...

A simple tune.. A simple chord sequence.. follow that up with good production and hey presto, instant catchy pop song...

:-o :shock: :? :hihi: :? :-o :help:
http://chrisamusic.bandcamp.com/
"It's square to be hip"

Glooper wrote:
ancoats wrote:

A simple tune.. A simple chord sequence.. follow that up with good production and hey presto, instant catchy pop song...
Look, don't be stupid man. Where are your lines between "crap" and "simple"? Do you owe this guy some money or something?

ancoats wrote:
Glooper wrote:
ancoats wrote:

Look, don't be stupid man. Where are your lines between "crap" and "simple"? Do you owe this guy some money or something?
Ancoats, sometimes it's just tooooo obvious that you are lookin for a scrap. :roll: :wink:
http://chrisamusic.bandcamp.com/
"It's square to be hip"

ancoats wrote: Let's just say that I'd rather keep my dignity.
Good luck :lol:

Manc Chris wrote:
ancoats wrote:
Glooper wrote:
ancoats wrote:

Ancoats, sometimes it's just tooooo obvious that you are lookin for a scrap. :roll: :wink:

No. I jut like to call a spade a spade, and a load of old shite, a load of old shite. Best policy, this honesty lark. :wink:

Kriminal wrote:
ancoats wrote: Let's just say that I'd rather keep my dignity.
Good luck :lol:
Oh no not you. You really are a nosey f**ker aren't you?

Does an alarm go off on your pc everytime I place a post? S'pose that furry faced moron will be arriving soon as well.

ancoats wrote:nosey f**ker
somebody barged into your private thread?

Return to “Music Cafe”