hey, check this out [another singing request :hihi: ]

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ancoats wrote:So, you're a manic depressive, sweaty arsed, gargoyle faced, paranoid, insecure, vagrant that also happens to be an American? Oh my dear that's a mighty bad hand you've been dealt there boy. :hihi: :hihi:
Nah, it ain't so bad. I've always had some pretty mouths like yours to put some stretch marks on.

:love:

ancoats wrote:
Bunnyboy wrote: How is that a clever or intelligent thing to say??

Whoever said it was??

The point there was, if old paranoid tatoobollocks can go off dragging up archaic posts, then so can anybody else. Get it?

Now, I'm confused. What's the the difference (vis your comment) between "clever" and "intelligent"??

What you meant to say was "Wise" or intelligent. Yes? In future, don't be in such a rush to post bad grammar. Just be cool. 8)
Nope, nothing about wisdom here.

Clever, as in witty or amusing
Intelligent as in a spark of creativity, self-awareness and awareness of others & your surroundings

you can be clever without being intelligent and vice versa (to a certain extent)
Phil

"The fool who persists in his folly will become wise" - William Blake
*No more band for me* | **My Host**

ancoats... :love: oh my, such a specimen of little troll should be kept for science. :hyper:

Tris, i can't right now, but in a week or so, i'd like to give it a try.

ancoats wrote:Is this real? That chord sequence is out of the ark, the guitar sounds like it is being played with the guys pecker, the lyrics are the ramblings of a madman, and the "singing" is just f...g criminal.

Made my day though, I thought I was shite. :D

Holy shit :o I guess you won't be singing it then. :hihi: :hihi:

Anyway, back on topic. Anyone interested in singing in the complete version of this and not on a very rough demo ?

[i guess some people can only read italics :hihi: :D ]
Last edited by TristezaOrange on Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Glooper wrote:Garret's voice would suite this best.. It has that soft tone that I think this song would shine with...

I think you need to get a better recording backing track first though... there's lots of clicks.. and it doesn't flow well and doesn't stay in time very well.. But the chord sequence has a nice simplicity about it ... and the song definetely has potential... ;)

Ben
Hey thanks Ben! This is not the finished backing track as you understand, just and idea to let people know what it's about.

BTW I know a lot of songs that only use three chords so what's wrong with four? :D :D

funny thread! i can't really get my head around modern PR tactics, but still i'm a dullard, thankfully.

anyway, back to the original message:
i think the song's really special, the lyrics are magical against the gentle understatement of chord progression - i've noticed your songs often have that, and remind me somewhat of the high llamas (you know them i hope, sean hagen is a bigger brian wilson fan than anyone):)
i'd sing it, but i'm sure you'd get better sensitivity from the likes of garrett or wopelka who excel at poetic turns.

lookforward to hearing its evolution.

regards

goodness, that's sweet and lovely
I'd love to take a shot at it this weekend.

knockman wrote:funny thread! i can't really get my head around modern PR tactics, but still i'm a dullard, thankfully.

anyway, back to the original message:
i think the song's really special, the lyrics are magical against the gentle understatement of chord progression - i've noticed your songs often have that, and remind me somewhat of the high llamas (you know them i hope, sean hagen is a bigger brian wilson fan than anyone):)
i'd sing it, but i'm sure you'd get better sensitivity from the likes of garrett or wopelka who excel at poetic turns.

lookforward to hearing its evolution.

regards
k-man! I adore the High Llamas - esp. the Snowbug album but Gideon Gaye is also top-notch! :) Great to see that another KvRian likes them :D

I'll let you know when I finish it - maybe you'd like to sing it even if you think your vocals won't give it the 'sensitivity' it requires. And yes, i really have to ask Wopelka and Garret too. :)

Thanks a lot man :)

bluedad wrote:goodness, that's sweet and lovely
I'd love to take a shot at it this weekend.

Thanks Gary :D I'll send you the backing track as soon as it's ready [I'm really struggling to record the guitar as good as I want but I'll do it, finally :D ]

sorry, double post :D
Last edited by TristezaOrange on Wed Jun 22, 2005 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hmmm..."alternative/mini-contest"? :)

zeoy wrote:That's very sweet Tris. However I disagree with the instrumentation you propose. Maybe it's good idea to keep it low for the first verse but the second verse needs HUGE MEGADISTORTED GUITARS playing odd chords, lots of open hats, huge toms, overdriven bass lines and SCREAMING vocals ...

ooops sorry. Must be that QOTSA live saw the other day :D
:headbanging: :lol: :D

clueless wrote:hmmm..."alternative/mini-contest"? :)
Hmm? Care to elaborate? :D :D

If you give it to DT it may end up like this :lol:

(I mean the headbanging thing)
If I go insane, please don't put your wires in my brain

TristezaOrange wrote:
clueless wrote:hmmm..."alternative/mini-contest"? :)
Hmm? Care to elaborate? :D :D
just occurred to me that quite a few people might like to have a go at your tune...---> :idea:

*edit* I'd already contemplated nicking some of the lyrics :D

Return to “Music Cafe”