My New track : Music Feast

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hi all
my new track here :)

Music Feast

http://membres.lycos.fr/epsylonee

Give me please your comments

Epsilon

No comments for this track please?

Epsilon

i shouldn't comment anything - it's not my kind of music. I find it very boring. No good structure in the song, drums are powerless and melodies are cheesy.
But maybe it's supposed to be like this and it's a great track - i just don't have the sense for it.

Sorry.

verstaerker write :
i shouldn't comment anything - it's not my kind of music
So i cannot take account of your comments man :o
No good structure in the song, drums are powerless and melodies are cheesy.
But maybe it's supposed to be like this and it's a great track
I think it is your point of view and not mine

Another more interesting comments please?

Epsilon

hey epsilon,

did you see my comment to your other track, strange days? anyway, i don't quite share verstaerker's opinion, although perhaps it is alittle more contained than much of your other tracks, most of which are sonic delights :) . (magic way :love: )

the sounds here are pristine though, which you always seem to go for and also you make great use of the stereo field. a few more listens and i may realise its depth better?

regards

At first I thought this was going to be a bit too formulaic--all the typical sounds coming in at the predictable moments--but I'm glad to say it's not like that at all. No, this is really a nice modal bit of electronica paying homage more to the old school (Jarre, et al) than to more modern varieties. I love the sounds and, as knockman said, your use of the stereo field. There are some really nice musical embellishments in here that show you've dug a little deeper than typical--incidental changes to what most (lazy) composers would have just left as another repeat of an already heard pattern. Loops have been so popular for so long that way too many songs rely on simple looped phrases, even when they are done on MIDI instruments. But the little changes ups make this song much more organic and "live" than it could have been.

I do think, however, that the mix is weighted too heavily in the mid and high ranges. There's not enough happening in the low-middle range and this makes the overall mix sound rather thin and breathy. There may also be a little too much delay/reverb, however, if the bass and low-mids were more represented here (and left fairly dry as far as delay and verb goes), this perception might change. As it is, there's too much of a delay/verb wash throughtout and this tends to re-emphasis the high-mid and treble portions of the song.

I actually like the fact that the drums are relegated to a supporting role. There's too much a tendancy nowadays to bring the drums and bass forward. That would have been unwise in such a song as this, it just doesn't fit the genre. As they are, they feel right, though I think the percussion sounds themselves are fairly bland. If the drums were a bigger part of the mix, I think you'd do better with other sounds. As they are, they don't bother me.

Um . . . that's all. He he. Great tune! :D

Thanks men for your great comments :)
When i make a song i always try to concentrate first the melodies and after i search the good sound :)

Anothers comments for this track please?

Epsilon

No comments for this track please?

Epsilon

Return to “Music Cafe”