Space Cadet - new tune -Ourobouros (ambient)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is the result of a long midsummer's night.

Ourobouros

I think that this is the culmination of my 'Space Cadet' series; a sort of going home track.

It is about 6 mins long, but is a nice ambience to chill to.

Enjoy. :)

Pat

very soothing and appropriate to this humid evening here in tokyo :) especially now the rest of the family are sleeping - i can't, thinking about my dentist appointment tomorrow (haven't been flossing regularly) plus i've run out of st.john's wort tea, my general cure for insomnia, so this track is a welcome mood settler.

your comment for my track could easily apply likewise, but i guess the contest submissions will always lead us to imagine all manner of characters behind the music. :D

btw, whatever happened with the 'spacesynth' (is that the right genre term?) stuff that you were doing?

regards

Cheers knockman,

My sympathy for the dental stuff. I have had a lot of problems in the past (A lifetime of neglect). I hope the music is sufficiently soporific.

The 'spacesynth' was just a passing attempt to understand a genre - I don't think I'll be going that way. :)

Thanks for listening,

best wishes,

Pat

i quite enjoyed this track ...

i do have a minor niggle ...
every element of this track seems to be panned dead center ...

i think you could develope a deeper presence by paying attention to the placement of the various voicings in the stereo field ...

if your host allows , you may want to consider automating some panning aspects ...

Very very nice Patrick -- I agree that it seems quite center-panned & perhaps could do with a couple of well-placed IRs on a couple of the instruments here or there, but otherwise it has a nice depth and moodiness I like. :)

normal wrote: every element of this track seems to be panned dead center ...
Thanks normal,

I'm not sure why it should appear that way. I panned every track seperately. I obviously became confused at some stage. :)
I will have another look at it.

Cheers,

Pat

...xander wrote:Very very nice Patrick -- I agree that it seems quite center-panned & perhaps could do with a couple of well-placed IRs on a couple of the instruments here or there, but otherwise it has a nice depth and moodiness I like. :)
Thanks ...xander, I think I'll take another whack at the mix. I'm out playing tonight but watch out for the remix (if you can stand it again). :)

Return to “Music Cafe”