Lonesome Soul - New Track

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just finished this track. Let me know what you think.

Lonesome Soul-
http://www.15megsoffame.com/artist/2058/The-Ron-Factor

btw- for those that may notice, I am no longer going by "JediNight"... It was just a temporary name until I Decided on one I liked enough to keep.

I guess this isn't my usual kind of thing, but I really liked this, especially the vox. Quite eerie in parts.

nice one
grilla

suburban grilla wrote:I guess this isn't my usual kind of thing, but I really liked this, especially the vox. Quite eerie in parts.

nice one
grilla
thank you :)
Keep the comments coming guys. I can ALWAYS use the input.

Hey!

Great tune!
The only thing is.. DRUMS, at the beginning and in the mid section.. a little too much reverb for my taste and maybe a little hmmmm... unpredictable?

anyway , nice :)
snareSpanker

nice tune, i like the singing, and the drumtrack is great, really nice :)

but you got a little mad on the reverb, and the voice could need more presence and power, especially when the guitars set in it gets rather drowned.

but the composition is great, really 8)

nice dynamics and drive, subtly motoric almost. i guess it's a trfle trite to compare it to pj harvey :) but there's also something perhaps a little siouxsie and the banshees/killing joke about the drum guitar power 8) and i don't object to the wash of reverb in this case.

regards

snareSpanker wrote:Hey!

Great tune!
The only thing is.. DRUMS, at the beginning and in the mid section.. a little too much reverb for my taste and maybe a little hmmmm... unpredictable?

anyway , nice :)
I'm not entirely sure I follow... what do you mean by unpredictable? further elaboration would be appreciated, please.

Thank you for the input everyone... feel free to keep it comin'.

IMO you should drop the drops until the guitar comes in (which seems to me a bit too loud). And replace whatever is doing the xylophone-ish thing with maybe something a bit sharper?

Like I said all IMO though :) . I do completely different genres.

This is good stuff :D My only criticism is the drums are a bit too loud before the guitar kicks in.
Chase wrote:And replace whatever is doing the xylophone-ish thing with maybe something a bit sharper?
Can't agree with Chase on this one, the sound contrasts nicely, mind you, I do like extreme sound/mood changes in songs.
Now on my second listen, this really is good :love:
RIP Black Tom and Beckett. They weren't just cats, they were MY cats, the best cats ever.

Ian B wrote:My only criticism is the drums are a bit too loud before the guitar kicks in.
I thought so too... I see I wasn't alone there.

Return to “Music Cafe”